Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What power is my D4-d?

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

I believe the D4-d power came in a few flavours.

I think I am right to say, the jump from the 16x engines to 17x engines, came about with the auto box getting a 5th gear, (from 4 auto) and the manual boxes getting a 6th gear (from 5 manual)

As I am sure my autobox is 4 gear, therfore, I think I should have one of the 16x engines.
I am reasonably sure it is the 165, but I don't know for sure.
Is there a Toyota web site, where I can look at chassis numbers, or engine numbers, and compare to mine?

Graham

Not sure where you got your numbers Graham, or what they are? Don't think they're the same as the Toyota values which aren't BHP but PSI I think?

Anyway, BTAIM, your motor iss a 166psi and then they went to 169 which I have then the Invincible went to 17x something when the LC5 wad dropped.

Cheers

If it's 166PS then it's likely the 163bhp model. If you're 4 sp auto then almost certainly 163 bhp like my old motor (RIP).

Check the VIN with a Toyo dealer to be sure or it might be on your V5.

Thats good, it's starting to be clearer now

So same as yours NC ?

Graham

Graham said:
Hi all,

I believe the D4-d power came in a few flavours.

I think I am right to say, the jump from the 16x engines to 17x engines, came about with the auto box getting a 5th gear, (from 4 auto) and the manual boxes getting a 6th gear (from 5 manual)

As I am sure my autobox is 4 gear, therfore, I think I should have one of the 16x engines.
I am reasonably sure it is the 165, but I don't know for sure.
Is there a Toyota web site, where I can look at chassis numbers, or engine numbers, and compare to mine?

Graham

There is also the 201 bhp landcruiser Invincible which was a 500 limited edition which i have. It has the tte chip fitted as standard and makes a good improvement compared to all the other cruisers i test drove before this purchase.
I also had a Hilux Invincible 171 bhp which i chipped to over 200bhp and that was a great difference. I kept the chip when i sold the Hilux and which has the same 4-4d engine as the cruiser, of course my cruiser is allready chipped with the tte so cant double chip it.

Regarding the gearbox, if you can manually select 4th gear then you have the 5 speed box. If you can only manually select 3rd then its a 4 speed box.

Graham,
See your PM but as I wrote, your VIN indicates an engine that is the 163 (your car is March '05) but with the newer 5 sp auto. The newer engine and 5 sp auto were only available from about mid '06 till the end of production in latish '09. I thought they were introduced together but, there you go!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello NC,
Mine is definatly July 2005,
Definatly the 4 sp auto.

Graham

Toyota VIN info seems to conflict but the important thing in this instance is that you've the 163bhp engine. Maybe the build date is March'05 and it was first registered in Jul '05. :?:

Back