Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What we do at weekends whenever we get the chance.

OH!.... to live on the other side of the country!!
Looks great Andy, just wish I lived a bit closer!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do you guys have dedicated vehicles for these adventures or are they modded daily drivers?

I've had the 80 for 10 years now, it used to be transport but now its a dedicated green laner/ camper. The others are a bit of a mix I guess, the FJ is a daily and some of the others are used to get to work but some are a bit extreme for daily's. When they are good for the rough stuff they are not so good for the road.
Being a "Jap" club there is a good mix there , Isuzu Troopers, Nissan Patrols, LandCruisers both 80's and 90's with the occasional 120, Suzuki's, etc etc. This makes it quite interesting to compare both the different engineering concepts and the off roading capabilities.
One thing I have found is how robust the 80 is, nothing broken yet which has surprised even me.

Not home these days much these days are you Andy. Good on you. Looks good.

Looks like great fun , its a real mental workout when your tyre treads are so full of mud they may as well be slicks and momentum is your only asset , but where will momentum take you when you have no grip .

I've tried so hard to get a young cousin of mine who wrecks any 4x4 he can get his hands on in short order off roading that its the brain teaser and the prize of driving home undamaged that makes it fun .

Back