Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel spacers for 90

Ok so after some deliberation I am going to opt for some offset steel wheels and new tyres. I really wanted to go with that setup after seeing so many similar ones in NZ but then I came home and looked at my tyres and alloys I was happy enough to stick with them.
But now I am think it needs new boots ;)

Looking at these

http://www.raptor4x4.co.uk/raptor-4x4-tyrex-steel-wheel-8x16-35-nissan-mitsubishi-toyota.html

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 265/75 R16, found a good deal on them but if anyone has some better recommendations I'm all ears :)

Here's some pictures of the truck, do you think the above tyre and wheel combo will widen the stance enough to have the tyres more flush with the fenders?

IMAG0217.jpg
IMAG0221.jpg

What you want to order should sit bang on flush with your arches i reckon . Looks good :thumbup:

Where did you get the snorkel and does the pipe kick forward at the top (pipe not head) ?

Yep, the offset on those are great, if anything you could even go a touch more I reckon with those arches but best to play it safe.

Never seen those type of arches before, but they look great! A good inch wider than OEM flares.

What you want to order should sit bang on flush with your arches i reckon . Looks good :thumbup:

Where did you get the snorkel and does the pipe kick forward at the top (pipe not head) ?

Its a safari snorkel and I think I got it from Spain or Portugal just by searching online for one, a genuine one!
Its the same as this installed by sae70 https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/safari-snorkel-land-cruiser-90-colorado.128483/

Now I just need to get the money together. What do you think of Goodrich tyres Shayne? I always like coopers but I've found some BF's at a reasonable price.

Yep, the offset on those are great, if anything you could even go a touch more I reckon with those arches but best to play it safe.

Never seen those type of arches before, but they look great! A good inch wider than OEM flares.

They were a lot and I mean a lot of work! There seems to be a few flares for the 95 lwb but not the swb 90. These had two seperate sections on the rear arch (to accomodate the rear passenger door) which I had to fibre glass together and fill/sand spray etc.
Also I had to alter them a lot so that I could still use the original mudflaps. If I had to do it again I'm not sure if I would, I did learn a lot about bodywork while doing it though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It really needs the bigger boots now though, it looks like its skipped leg day :D

There's lots of happy BFG customers on the forum and K02 seem to be a popular choice , other than that i can't comment as i've never had any . I love my Cooper stt but they don't make them any more and instead sell the stt pro .

Because bfg are said to be smaller than the advertised size i intend to try Toyo MT for my next set .

I'm bl00dy annoyed I can't get BFG KO2s in the size I want, 305/70/16s. BFG make them, but I can't find anyone that stocks them, tried here in Romania, several outlets in Western Europe, and the U.K., but no luck.

They're probably easy to get in the US, but the shipping will write off that idea.
Ok so after some deliberation I am going to opt for some offset steel wheels and new tyres. I really wanted to go with that setup after seeing so many similar ones in NZ but then I came home and looked at my tyres and alloys I was happy enough to stick with them.
But now I am think it needs new boots ;)

Looking at these

http://www.raptor4x4.co.uk/raptor-4x4-tyrex-steel-wheel-8x16-35-nissan-mitsubishi-toyota.html

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 265/75 R16, found a good deal on them but if anyone has some better recommendations I'm all ears :)

Here's some pictures of the truck, do you think the above tyre and wheel combo will widen the stance enough to have the tyres more flush with the fenders?

View attachment 126203 View attachment 126204

They should be OK, but to get them out a bit further, you might consider a wider rim than 8" if you're going for after market steels. Trouble then is that 265s would be a bit of a stretch on 10" rims for example.

Running 305s, they sit nicely on 10" (just can't get the bl00dy tyres now).

Bah!

I'm considering going back to the General Grabber AT2, but again, the size might give me bother.

It's annoying because I've been lucky in the past with GGs and BFG muds in that size, grrr.... :angry-screaming:

How much wider are the arches ? You have to take into account the sidewall bulge of a tyre . It's not a very good pic but it gives you some idea how much wider than the rim 285's go , I imagine 265 won't bulge so much ?

bull bar 002.JPG

Incidentally because i've just found it by chance while looking for new wheels myself , and because most of us have forgotten , standard 90 series wheels are a + 30mm offset .

Reactions: CAT
I have the 120 series alloys but I would imagine the offset is similar to the 90 originals. I think what I'll have to do is get my tape measure out and do some maths.
I went for 265's with the hankook set that are currently on it but that was before I put the milners body lift on it. So would I get away with 285's now I wonder?

A 2" suspension lift and some trimming with a grinder got them on the mrs truck with the front mudflaps removed but i'm not sure if taller springs might push the wheels forward a bit whereas a body lift obviously won't ?

Firstly, get the correct kind of spacers. You want ones that are Hub-centric, not lug centric. Also consider how pushing the wheels further outside may induce touching on turning depending on what tyres you're running (Should be safe on standard size tyres) -

These are what I run - 1.5 inch.

View attachment 126089

Hi Beau, what brand is the picture in your thread above, been trying to find one with lip to help centering the wheel but all big brand like Eibach and H&R don’t seem to do them with the lip for hub centric.

Last edited:

Thanks Shayne, I have been looking around for the above, some of the photos show hun centric lip some does not!
Not sure it actually has the lip or not. And if I search say another brand Bloxsport, it says our 90 series has a centre bore of 106mm, the above Eibach states 108.5 CB, which one is true?? See Bloxsport infor. Below:

Thanks Shayne, I have been looking around for the above, some of the photos show hun centric lip some does not!
Not sure it actually has the lip or not. And if I search say another brand Bloxsport, it says our 90 series has a centre bore of 106mm, the above Eibach states 108.5 CB, which one is true?? See Bloxsport infor. Below:

Found the explanation from Eibach site, System 8 is without centring nose?

Attachments

• 8886BF78-AF89-4835-A865-BAFFB4341F9A.png
    8886BF78-AF89-4835-A865-BAFFB4341F9A.png
    545.8 KB · Views: 13
Cheers Shayne, can anyone confirm if the Eibach spacer S90-8-30-004 comes with the centering lip?

Last edited by a moderator:
The brand I have is spidertrax, but I don't think they're in the UK. Look them up and maybe they can ship them out. Those Eibach ones appear hubcentric IF they look like what the photo shows.

Back