Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheels ET and size of tyres

Satikk

Garage
Hello,

at first,I would like to tell you,some information abot me.

My name is Tomas Richtarik and I am from Slovak republic.My english is not so good so sorry for my misstakes in writing.
I have Toyota landcruiser TD90 3.0 1KZ 1997.

I would like to buy a new discs and new tyres.In this time i have oem suspension withouth any lift.

I would like to please you,if you can tell me the best ET of discs and size of tyres which will be the best for me.
Now I have 265/70/16. I am thinking about 265/75/16.And I found a topic when sae70 has 255/85/16 but he has lifted suspension.

Thank you very much for your advices

Tomas

Welcome Tomas, and don't worry about your English, it's very good. When you say discs, do you mean the wheels? as you mention them along with tyres I thought it was maybe something lost in translation. I am not able to advise you properly, but I think someone who can will give you an answer soon.

Thank you very much Cossack for welcome. Yes sorry,i mean ET of wheels or rims offcourse.(In our country we say disk.)

Don't be afraid to ask questions Tomas, there are lots of members here only too willing to share their knowledge. If you put your location in your profile on this site we will be able to see where you are, once you've done that there will be a link on your posts that say 'find me on a map' :thumbup: .
Chas

Ok,thank you for advice.I am going to repair it.I wrote only word about it,but now I am going to repair it on link I come from.

Hi Tomas and welcome :)

The standard (factory) tyre size is 265/70R16 but you can go to 265/75R16 without any mods. Many on here (myself included) have done that. The 265/75 tyres tend to be cheaper too.

If you go for a body lift and/or suspension lift and are willing to do some small mods, then you open up many more options.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thank you chadr for your advice!

Now I have to buy a tyres which I can give there withouth any mods.Now I dont have enough money for buying suspension but i Need a tyres becouse now we have here winter and in Februar i will go to offroad driving on mountains.And i would like to buy better tyres and in maximal size i can give there. ok so 265/75/16

Chadr,please do you know something about wheels ET? With new tyres I would like to buy new wheels too,but i dont know,which ET is better? ET-25 16x7 or ET-40 16x8? I mean,that ET-25 16x7 will be good for this tyres and this car. What is your opinion?

Thank you

Tomas

From what I remember the standard 90 series wheels are ET-15 16X7.

However please wait until someone else confirms that.

My friend bid for me BF Goodrich KM2 235/85/16. What do you think about this size for my LC90? Thanks for advices.

Thank you,but this is only a picture. My wheels will be 6 studs :thumbup:

chadr said:
From what I remember the standard 90 series wheels are ET-15 16X7
I'm pretty sure you're correct there Chad...

Satikk, just be careful on the offset of your new wheels - I don't know whether the additional 1cm offset is in towards the car or out away from the car!!! It would be better to be away from the car IMHO...

I would double check if that offset is + or -. The standard wheels will more than likely be a + offset. 80 series 16x8 alloys are 0 offset. A -25 offset would be like 80 series wheels with 25mm spacers which I think from what I've read in the past would be a lot of offset for a 90?

I'm pretty sure the Colorado 5-spokes that I used to have were -15 offset Jon... And you are certainly right about the 80 alloys being zero offset.

As the 80 alloys 'stick out' more than the old Colorado alloys on our 90, extrapolating (sp.) this logic, wouldn't this mean the -25 offset rims would be further under the arches rather than out???

I'm in danger of serious confusion here not knowing for sure which way the +/- moves the wheel :doh:

if you add spacers you add negative offset, does that help :) 80 wheels with 30mm spacers are effectively ET -30.

It tells me the opposite of what I expected & I causes more confusion as I don't understand why my 80 alloys now stick out (or appear to...) more than the negative offset 90 alloys they replaced... Or is this a function of the 80 wheel being an inch wider... :idea:

So long as its all helping Satikk along though (which I very much doubt my input has done here :( )

I always thought that "0" offset is when the centre of the wheel is in-line with the centre of the mounting. Pushing the wheel "out" from the centre line i.e. when you add spacers, is "positive" offset and conversely, when you push "inside" the centre line it is negative offset.

However, as always I'm ready to be proved wrong! ;) :)

A quick google and....

wheel-offset-backspace.gif

Good post Chad :thumbup: Totally confirms JW's explanation - I'll get me dunce's cap out, again!!!

Back