Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where do i get toyota paint?

wangjjang

So this is probably a really stupid question, but is the toyota garage the only place i can get my hands on some toyota coded paint? Im after a few litres of 040 white. Can find touch up pots and rattle cans of the stuff but no actual tins of paint. Is it something id have to go direct to toyota for?

A decent panel beater should be able to mix that for you - you've got the year, model and paint code so that should be enough data.

Cheers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO avoid yota like the plague unless you have deep pockets, any decent auto body/paint supplier will have this.

Your location states SW , i have no idea where in the world that is but just in case its south wales there there used to be a great little paint shop in cardiff that would mix rattle cans to any colour code . Its een years since i was last there so i'm not sure if its still in business . I've been told theres another good place in Ely somewhere though i've never used it .

Last edited:
Thanks guys, ill try a couple of the local bodywork places tomorrow.

SW = Southwest. Im down here in cornwall.

Take your fuel filler cap off and let them match it to that. Very rarely will a paint code give a close match even if for the same year and model as the batch may change several times throughout production. I recently tried to get matching paint for my tailgate and tried every brand with no success. In the end a mate was able to tint it to match the fuel cap but then had to get him to paint it also because his system is waterbased. If its not convenient to that then you may be able to order aerosol on-line

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's a place in Bolsover, I think it's called Autosupplies, and they mix large rattle cans to a colour code. The paint they mixed for my LC was BANG on. I tried a Halfords mix with the same code and it was slightly darker. I asked the guy doing the mix if he could make it slightly lighter but he said he couldn't as the machine worked purely to the code.

All of our paint at work comes from a place up at Bugle,south west auto paints or something like that. Can lay my hands on their phone no. If of any use?

What IRLGW said about taking the filler cap cover or any other painted part in to get a colour match is a great idea . Sunlight changes the colour of all paint very quickly , search the web for complaints about bumper paint not matching after insurance has paid for repairs after a bump . Sometimes the cars are only 2 years old ! . For the same reason fleet cars are never red because red fades faster than an other colour in sunlight .

There's a place in Bolsover, I think it's called Autosupplies, and they mix large rattle cans to a colour code. The paint they mixed for my LC was BANG on. I tried a Halfords mix with the same code and it was slightly darker. I asked the guy doing the mix if he could make it slightly lighter but he said he couldn't as the machine worked purely to the code.

It sounds like your paint job was BANG TIDY.......

Well...ive been told that due to recent legislation, it is now illegal for them to sell me base colours in pots/tins etc. They can sell me a rattle can of the stuff but not the actual tub of paint itself. Even went to halfords to check this out. Wonderful.

Well...ive been told that due to recent legislation, it is now illegal for them to sell me base colours in pots/tins etc. They can sell me a rattle can of the stuff but not the actual tub of paint itself. Even went to halfords to check this out. Wonderful.

I think its more to do with the fact that a rattle can holds only a quarter as much paint as a pot the same size but cost the same . As far as i'm aware changes in laws relate to oil based paint being replaced with water based paint and have nothing to do with how paint is applied .

If you have a mate who's V.A.T registered they will probably sell him a pot of oil based paint i think .

Go to your nearest accident repair garage with cash in your hand and they will prob mix it up for you there and then . Look for a garage you might expect the owner to actually work in himself . In little places like that common sense and cash still exist .

Last edited:
Back