Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which brake bleeder kit ?

I've one similar to the flare master 2 flint recommended (a bluepoint one), will flare steel pipes too.

The refurbed caliper on the black disc looks great

Try some good quality water pump (angled) pliers Shayne. Real good grip without crushing then a gentle rocking motion loosen tighten loosen tighten after soaking with some WD40, plus gas or diesel overnight.

They are soaked in GT85 now Rich so i will will give them a try tomorrow but i'm not going to fight with them as it's a job that will be revisited when i have more time to spend making things new again .

The sealey bleeder did the job great by the way but gave no confidence other than the brake pedal feeling good , so having thought about it i went out and did it again only this time i wound the nipple out too far and slopped a lump of red rubber grease all around it screwed it back up before starting over . I'm not sure it was necessary but it made me happier to see less air in the pipe as a result .

A little bit of plumbers PTFE tape on the nipple thread usually stops air getting in.

Back