Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why are the standard alloys so rubbish?

Unfortunately a common problem on the 120's . mine were replaced under warranty just before the 3 years were up. Must be a quality issue with the lacquer finish and probably the salt used on our roads.

Mine were done too - and need doing again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do the 80 alloys go on? Sounds like a sensible fix :)

I think all the alloys are susceptible to corrosion. And no, the 80 rims do not fit - they don't make it over the front callipers

Nothing wrong with the alloys per se,

It is the abnormal salt that UK insists on throwing down on the road.

Look in Norway, no salt
Look in China, no salt.

It's just the salt wich is so damn corrossive.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nothing wrong with the alloys per se,

It is the abnormal salt that UK insists on throwing down on the road.

Look in Norway, no salt
Look in China, no salt.

It's just the salt wich is so damn corrossive.

Gra.

But I've never known alloys to suffer so badly before. There is obviously a weakness there surely.

Paint and coating systems have changed. Many are now water based rather than solvent based so yes the coatings may not be quite so resilient.

Paint and coating systems have changed. Many are now water based rather than solvent based so yes the coatings may not be quite so resilient.
Bloody EU banning proper paint supposedly because it harms the environment but in reality so we have buy 10 gallons of paint every year to do the same job a half gallon of proper paint used to do and last for 10 years .

Not sure what colours they do but international paints still supply proper oil based stuff .

Back