Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

windows

j555fjr

does anyone know how to remove the rear sliding windows on a 80? im wanting to tint them to stop toerags seeing my tools! :naughty:

you have to take the lot out, seal window frame you need to push on frame and lift the sill at the same time inside

Why not just attach a panel to the inside to block their view :think:

Or spray the inside of the window?
I did this on my Niva, made it look like a small van.
You can colour code it too.

Hi,

Don't rely on those sliding windows, tinted or not, being any sort of security. As supplied by Toyota, they are VERY easy to open from outside the car without smashing them or cutting the seal - I won't say how for obvious reasons, but I know to my cost that it's not that big a secret...

I'd definitely recommend solid panels or grilles.

All the best,
Toby
1990 HDJ80
1994 HDJ80

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
sounds like im stuck between a weak spot and a ball ache!! may go down the route of mesh inside and some kind of tint while in place, how did they paint work out on the glass?

Thorough clean with turps and then sprayed on cellulose on the inside, from the Halfrauds spray cans,no problems at all.

when I tinted my cruiser I made a cardboard template and then cut the tint to the template and stuck it on. It worked very well! :thumbup:

when I had my 80 tinted they did those rear windows in place, no need to take them out.

Jon Wildsmith said:
when I had my 80 tinted they did those rear windows in place, no need to take them out.

thats what i did.

im thinking of replacing the rears with a metal plate tho

paulm said:
im thinking of replacing the rears with a metal plate tho
Worth doing IMHO, those windows are not very strong :roll: but at least with a tint on when you do break one the glass sticks together :)

its more for boxing in the whole of the rear. i have a few ideas that hopefully i'll have the money for. probably never happen!

I had my patio doors filmed by a company that improves toughened glass in embassies for bomb resistance. Could you not use this?

Frank

Just stopped laughing !
My neighbour had a 2ft x 2ft paving slab thrown through his patio door. Even scared the dogs to death.
I am unsatisfied pessimist. One night all the garages in our lane were broken into except mine which had more than decent locks. The edges of the doors were chewed by a crowbar and they must have seen what was inside so I fitted extra heavy duty locks with reinforcement so they could not use a brace and bit. Also I have streetlamp sensors so dawn to dusk is lit. Also extra overlapping movement sensors. House has full security. Our insurer's assessor came and checked the house and was amazed. Then he said " I bet you havn't got a fire blanket " ! Which we have.
There is no such thing as too much security. A sad world I'm afraid.

Frank

Take my hat off to you Frank. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

j555fjr said:
does anyone know how to remove the rear sliding windows on a 80? im wanting to tint them to stop toerags seeing my tools! :naughty:

Have you considered a heavy tint? :thumbup:

i have ordered and got some stuff to put on so when it dry im gonns have a go ;)

Jon Wildsmith said:

Mine are tinted as well and the guy done them in place,you wouldent know they hadent been out.

Back