Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

World Landcruiser Day

Somewhere like Camber Sands ( at low tide!), LANDCRUISER (about 55-60 cars), logo (mexican sombrero) done with tyre mark, 7oth (added post prodcution), 1 x drone, few parking marshalls and a quad bike to tidy up the sand. And a huge BBQ and drinks all round.

You are right, these events originate with clubs.
Alexander Wohlfarth, author of The Land Cruiser Legend, is one of the organisers of and webmaster for Buschtaxi.net, which is the largest Land Cruiser gathering (but is also open to non-LCs). Maybe we/I should contact him (?). The event is already established (17th this September).
But then, as not everyone would be able to travel to Germany (near Frankfurt) there should be an gathering in the UK - Camber Sands, a special Lincomb... (at one of the early Lincombs, Toyota UK brought their event trailer)

Regards,

Rodger

@Rodger I'd remove that letter from the site mate before some ne'er-do-wells decide they fancy taking your 40 from you.

Good point AM, although I have no idea how I would do that so perhaps someone could tell me.

This morning I had an email from Gibraltar, which is IMO more promising:

Thank you for your letter of 12th July addressed to our CEO Mr Kevin Jones regarding the above-mentioned matter.

As you may know, Toyota Gibraltar Stockholdings (TGS) supplies vehicle to the United Nations and International Aid Organisations for their humanitarian and development work in mainly African countries. The Land Cruiser represents more than 60% of the demand from these key organisations and it is the vehicle which they typically turn to when the operating conditions are the most challenging.

It’s great to hear that you are an enthusiastic and knowledgeable “fan” of the BJ model. The owner of TGS also took ownership of one of these about 8 years ago and our team has restored it to original “basic” glory and we now occasionally exhibit it in our showrooms and at international shows when appropriate. Whenever we do show it, we get great feedback from customers and people who have come into contact with this model.

As far as the celebration of the anniversary goes, we have not had any information about this from Toyota. Although, to be fair, we would normally become aware of such planning about 12 – 18 months before any events or campaigns were made public.

We are sure Toyota will come up with a campaign befitting the iconic stature of the Land Cruiser.

Thank you once again for getting in touch with us.

If there is any further information which we can help you with please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards
Rodger

Back