Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Worst car on the planet!

Zeusv8

Mine!! I am sick to death of this car and I'm gonna burn it!!
A while back I posted about the car starting but would not idle and when I let off the pedal it cut out. I narrowed this down to LPG calibration issues which I had sorted! It has just happened again after I changed the old battery. I put new one in and switched ignition to on and left it for 6 mins as it states on the sticker. The new battery is a match for the old in amp etc. but I think this might be just coincidence and this problem wasn't resolved and is now back to piss me off even more than I already am! So now I have a pile of xxxx that has suspension lights flashing and won't bloody go!!!! Anyone got any ideas? I don't know how to do fault codes or have any software to do it or a f.s.m but what I do have is a short fuse that's just been lit!!! Cheers for any help

Latest is that when it does idle its at 200 rpm and struggling to keep up to that.I've started it a few times and it's either cut out or idled really low

Where abouts are? Maybe someone can come and help out

Its quite a complex system that AHC. You have to visit Mr.T and pay them for diagnosing your car. After that you can share the intel here -and maybe we can start helping you ;)

Meanwhile you can download as much info (on AHC) as possible, from the web -and try to figure out how it works....

The AHC system is the least of the problems. The main issue is that it doesn't go!!!! I've ordered suspension fluid to top up the reservoir and hopefully that will be sorted but this idling problem is major as I can't even drive it like this!

Is the idle problem when it's running on petrol?

Have you ever checked the state of the throttle body butterfly? They can get coked up and cause idling problems. When you remove power for a while the engine ECU has to learn how to idle again next time you start it. Usually it does that without fuss but a coked up throttle body can make it difficult for it to learn.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I assume you're running on petrol and not LPG now? Gave you checked all filters etc? Given that the LPG system has already caused an issue, how certain are you that it's not the culprit now for the poor idle?

Jon Wildsmith said:
Is the idle problem when it's running on petrol?

Have you ever checked the state of the throttle body butterfly? They can get coked up and cause idling problems. When you remove power for a while the engine ECU has to learn how to idle again next time you start it. Usually it does that without fuss but a coked up throttle body can make it difficult for it to learn.

When I fitted the k&n filter I checked it and it was fine. As for the Ecu I followed the instructions on the sticker about leaving it on for 6 mins switching off and then starting it. Ive since started it about 6/7 times with no change. This is what happened the last time on the ferry!

Everything sealed up tight on the inlet side of things - no air leaks in pipes / joints etc? Have you tried putting the OEM filter back?

No leaks and everything buttoned up tight. Not sure if I put the factory intake system back that it will do anything. This seems to be a fuel problem or ignition system problem but I can't fix it!!

When you fitted the K&N what happened with the PCV pipe that was connected to the resonator on the OEM intake and the small pipe from the resonator to the fuel pressure regulator? You could just be experiencing a leaky PCV. If you've got some Easy Start try spraying it over various hoses and hose junctions to check if the idle changes which would indicate a vacuum leak.

All the pipes are connected to the intake tube, I think there was 4 in total that connected to it. Is the pcv one the bigger one on the side of the block?

PCV is the thicker pipe from the intake resonator to the drivers side rocker cover and then on the passenger side rocker cover is the PCV valve and another pipe from that to the throttle body. Any air leaks in those pipes or the crank case e.g. oil filler not on, dip stick out, can cause a vacuum leak i.e. unmetered air being drawn in. The grommet around the PCV valve can go hard and you can start getting a leak there.

Would that not be a recurring problem and it would idle bad or not at all more regular? If its any help this has happened twice after driving hard,ie engine gear change at around 4500 revs. First time was Xmas and today was 2nd time with no issues in between these times. Thanks

air leaks would affect it all the time but more so at idle, idling is quite hard. I thought this started when you changed your battery? I'm assuming it's doing this from a cold start, not only once it's warmed up?

This is the same as before when I thought it was the lpg system. The engine was warm this time and cold the last time. On both occasions the battery was disconnected prior the idling problem. If you remember the post was originally about the ignition lights stayed on when the key was out. This happened again on saturday so maybe they are linked and it's an Ecu blip? I know I'll get it to Toyota and nothing will show up on the diagnostic and it won't happen when I need it to!! So now I have intermittent ignition lights staying on, flashing AHC off light, won't idle properly,needs LPG fuel gauge, new lower ball joints done and the coolant system has air bubbling around it! No wonder I'm sick of it :thumbdown:

Kinda sounds as though fuel is not getting to the engine... some sort of blockage, or maybe too much fuel.... I know when I had fuel issues/ fuel pump blockage on my colorado my exhaust temperatures were extremely hot for some strange reason (You could not touch the tip of the exhaust after about a mile).

Is there any sort of smoke?

And if you are getting bubbles that would be the engine gases pressurising the coolant system which could mean a leaky gasket, or cracked head (which I highly doubt).

Don't think it's head trouble as the coolant is ruby red in the expansion tank. When my surfs head cracked it went milky white but no smoke either. There is no bubbling in the bottle I can hear it squelching through the system which started after the coolant hoses were replaced by a mechanic while the lpg was being sorted!

Back