Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Would you have gone in?

oh well here goes...
Its a stark contrast between the unarmed teacher who was killed protecting the kids in his class and the armed cop who stood outside. I wouldn't be so hard on him as many have said you don't really know what you'd do till it happens. This is only going to be spun one way and that is to blame it all on this guy, the elephant in the room is why there are quite so many guns in public ownership.
I read that 3% of Americans own 50% of the guns in the US and that 20% of the guns worldwide including those held by military and security forces are held by American civilians. Astounding numbers.
The problem is that Americans are manipulated into being fearful and guns counter that fear.
Every time these things happen the cops do basically what this guy did, they wait to amass sufficient numbers to assault the place and by that time tens of people are already dead. They know the loon in question could be heavily armed sometimes more heavily armed than the police. compare that to the London bridge attacks
8 Minutes to find and despatch the nutters, with roaming targets and a constant stream of information on their location is pretty amazing. One of the reasons is the met know more likely than not they are going to have greater firepower and a distinct advantage.
I love guns, i think they're fabulous examples of engineering and some are beautiful objects. i don't think every Tom Dick and Harry should have one that's all.
As for all the bollocks about tyrannical governments and regulated militia. Sure didn't help them in Waco and they were a small army, Didn't stop them at standing rock either. The government is Tyrannical and part of the tyranny is the gun toters themselves. If you get a chance watch this clip it's a bit of fun put he makes some great points.
On an overlanding Facebook page Which is mostly populated my Americans people often suggest taking a handgun into remote areas, even when the people are intending going to Africa or Europe. They are convinced that going into the wilderness they’re going to be jumped by meth burners and have to defend themselves. The paranoia is extraordinary and their risk analysis completely deranged.
They are also absolutely convinced that kids in the uk get stabbed in school everyday and that we’re victims of terrorist stacks every day. It’s fucking deranged!!

With regards to the London attacks, let’s not also forget the balls of the bobby who held armed terrorists off with his baton, despite being seriously injured, and also the officer killed on westminster bridge.

Last edited:
Back