Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTF Another Top Gear.

frank rabbets

Guru
Talk about flogging a dead horse. Another Top Gear starts on Sunday 8.00 p.m.

I think it will be OK, now that shouty man, Chris Evans is no longer in the line-up. LeBlanc wasn't as bad as I thought he would be and Chris Harris and the other presenters (except Jordan) were generally OK IMHO.

However, I would have been more negative about new TG, had Clarkson et al made more of a success of their Grand Tour; that was only average IMHO and they didn't smash it out of the park, as I (and perhaps many others) had hoped.

I thought Chris Evans would have been good but I was wrong. Did Grand Tour just have average viewer figures then ?

No idea about the viewer figures for Grand Tour Frank, I was just giving my own opinion of it.

I reckon that this new series of Top Gear will be quite good......I certainly hope so.

Add: Seems like The Grand Tour started off very well but faded away towards the end........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ritish-viewers-watch-Clarkson-s-new-show.html

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...r-began-with-a-roar-and-ended-with-a-splutter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...mazon-prime-video-audience-record-says-amazon

Mark my words, this is going to turn into The Matt LeBlanc show if he has his way, just like Clarkson did.

I've not been watching it due to the ginger one. I don't hate him, I just don't get him. I would have watched The Grand Tour but I don't and won't have Amazon prime as I don't need it. So I'm just out of it really. Maybe this will be better but it's like watching Only Fools and Horses played by other people. It just doesn't work for me…even though I haven't watched it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Was he on Top Gear then? I thought it was Tomorrow's World.
Going for a google…

Edit, you're right, and now I do remember.
That's some years ago!

Enjoyed reading this from 2014... shouldn't be forgotten.

Sadly, for TG, things have moved on a lot in the last 3 years...

IMG_1752.JPG
Are you a fan of his?

C'mon then Rob, be a sport - let's have a pic of you "Woollarding" your 120. :icon-cool: :lol:

I'm expecting everyone to join in now. Not easy with Land Cruiser bumpers, especially wearing waterproofs.

Top Gear is a huge brand for BBC world wide, from the online site to swag to cobranded merchandise and the print mag. They wont just drop it.

That's certainly true. They've thrown an awful lot of money at it so I guess the word from the top floor is they've got to make it work. They may own the Top Gear brand and format, the Stig, a Star in a RPC etc, but what they don't own is messrs Clarkson Hammond and May and I thing they've seriously misjudged just how big and important a part of the programme the trio were. JMO

I just watched the first episode of the new series and I thought it was a good show. The format is the same as the old Top Gear (although The Stig was missing this week) with the three presenters clowning around on the challenges.

Whilst I enjoyed it, I did have the feeling that it was just a copy of the original. Hopefully the three will gel and give it a style of their own.

It was good enough for me not to want to miss any episodes, which must mean that it is working.

Chucking Chris Evans was certainly the right move (I can't stand him at any price).

Bob.

I cringed most of the way through it for a variety of reasons. I'll watch it again, not because it was great, but because it was better than the host of other shite that is on the box. I think I'll watch it mostly for the cars than the stars.

10/10 for me. I very much liked the minus Clarkson effect. Also having a racing driver presenter was a bonus. Also good having a British ethnic minority presenter. I wonder if Clarkson would have agreed to the latter................errrrr...................don't think so.

Only 10 mins into tonight's episode and I'm already wondering why I'm wasting my time. What a load of rubbish, poorly presented pointless crap. You can't just copy a format with new people and expect it to be a winner. You have to do something different.

sadly for years 8pm sunday was one of my favourite times of the week. Still not watched one of these though. did catch 2 minutes of last weeks while i was flicking channels and it didnt hold my attention.

What the whole thing proves is that whatever the programme TG or GT, it was Clarkson et al that were the show. Ok OK love 'em or hate em, your choice, THEY are the show. You can't say that TG was spoiled as a car show by them; it was never a car show. What we have now is exactly the same format but with presenters who just aren't entertaining. I'm not interested in them. If they'd made it much more about cars and tested the new Mondeo or something then maybe it would have worked, but then you'd just have another version of Fifth Gear and look how shite that was.

It took a few years before i watched that. Old old top gear was good, same as tomorrows world but about cars. Then Mr C did the top gear that I love and it was about him and his mates having fun and occasionally had a car review. It was entertaining. true, some of it was crap but some of it made paying the tv licence worth while.

Back