Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

X force 75mm exhaust

stumog

Country Flag
england
Thought I'd post this as I couldn't find a definite answer to this while looking.

So I purchased a xforce from a long standing member here as they were not using it, still in the box.

Now x force will not say if they fit a 24v I can confirm they do. Now as mine isn't, as you say standard was a bit of a faf. I was missing 2 or 3 3 mounts and had a air tank installed where the center box is.

So first was get the old exhaust off no dramas. Bar working out how to get to the top inside dump pipe nut.

Next remove air tank. No this is where I should have faith that Chris did a proper job fitting it. So I remove the back seats and the carpet only to find that he had used rivnuts to mount. So I could have just undone the bolts holding it on. I have no idea why I didn't just try them first.

Next front pipe. Went on sooooo easy 4 nuts on the turbo ace. Then looked at what id done. Forgotten to run the rear of the pipe under the slider. Git.

Pipe back off the turbo, now doesn't fit under slider. OK take slider off. Easy. Well no. I actually managed to drop the slider from the full height onto my head. This was really painful and still can't touch my head 4 days later and have a small crater where I didn't before. So may head to the hospital tomorrow.

Made up 2 brackets and the exhust tucks up very nicely qt the back. If people are wanting to see will take photos but I read reports they sit low but you wouldn't be able to get a exhust any higher. The clearance on the body is good and routing was super easy. They seem very well made aswell

It sounds very nice can hear the waste gate and the turbo whine. The turbo spools up alot earlier bit and performance does seem to be to be improved.

Overall very please.
20240406_095645.jpg

I also just fitted the same exhaust and am very impressed for the money. Quality seems really good, fitment was super easy and everything lined up perfectly. I really like the fact it comes straight off the turbo replacing the factory dump pipe and is 3” the whole way. I haven’t had a chance to hear it yet - hopefully next week.

I also just fitted the same exhaust and am very impressed for the money. Quality seems really good, fitment was super easy and everything lined up perfectly. I really like the fact it comes straight off the turbo replacing the factory dump pipe and is 3” the whole way. I haven’t had a chance to hear it yet - hopefully next week.

Agree - aside from fitment. The mounts provided I thought were super crap and needed various tweaking to properly align the exhaust (1HDT). I'd also like the join from the dump to be shorter separate segment. But in general 3" exhaust is the single best mod I have done and XForce is good value for money, with a nice tone. I'd prefer a straight through, but happy with the XForce in terms of money spent. Of course there are better 3" exhaust options out there - but unfortunately just not available in the UK.

Cam is making them, in the UK. I've just had a 3 inch system made by him. Hes just borrowed it to make a jig for more.

Thread '3” series 80 exhausts.' 3” series 80 exhausts. - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Has great sound with 1 silencer, very sensible at normal speed, but suitably noisy of you giving it some beans.
Spool is definitely better too, feels much more responsive from lower down.

Having driven round for a couple of days the turbo is definalty spooling up faster, which is really improving the drive.

I agree with Alby79 it would be nice to have had a shorter front pipe.

The front mount fitted fine for me, I used the 2nd mount but made my own to the car as mine is missing. The 3rd mount I couldn't see where that would go at all but I think that's the difference 12v vs 24v also.

Straight through and everyone turn to see whats making the noise , add a muffler and everyone turns to see what kind of powerhouse is making that sweet rumble .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back