Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Yaw sensor

Zeusv8

As some of you know I've had vsc/trc and vsc/off lights on for over a month now after I plugged in an obd2 reader in. I've given up looking for solutions so I'm now in a Toyota garage getting it sorted . They are saying it could be the yaw sensor(£440) that's at fault,mainly because its trying to calibrate to AHC settings where there is OME suspension! Has anyone had any experience of this? Seems a bit o.t.t to me considering it drives fine and the steering is straight as an arrow!

I'm sure there is something on MUD about resetting the Yaw sensor etc I will have a look and see if i can find it for you.

I reset mine on the 120 by disconnecting the batteries for 30 minutes. There is another way mentioned in the FSM I'll check later.

Regards

Thanks guys ,much obliged. Well after £168 I still have lights on!! Toyota techs gave me a code of c1336. They could get 0.0 calibration on 3 but 0.01 on the fourth and can't figure it out so they blamed the suspension and a faulty yaw sensor but they couldn't guarantee me the £700 gamble on replacing it!! They also "suggested" that the 02's have bulbs in the dash..hint hint nudge nudge as its a god damn mot failure which is due next bleeding week!! Now where did I leave me matches??

I zero'd and re-calibrated the yaw sensor on mine after I took the AHC off and I removed the ECU as well as the mechanical parts. I just followed the instructions in the FSM to do it manually and it was a PITA but worked.

Have they given you the description for that fault code and is that the only code?

No description as to what it is exactly,They were baffled as to why the reset wouldn't take .There were no other fault codes on the system.I removed most of the AHC too including Ecu.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Prob not much help, and most of this stuff is over my head, but I had a similar vsc/trc warning light problem on my 120, and it turned out to be a fault in the cable loom across the rear axle.....

C1336 is "Zero Point Calibration of Deceleration Sensor Undone" in the book and can be caused "When any of following 1. through 2. is detected: 1. In TEST mode, the shift lever is shifted to other then P range with 2 sec. after ECU terminal IG1 is turned ON for the first time. 2. When the deceleration sensor zero point recorded in ECU is deleted." They are probably fiddling with the wrong part :whistle:

Last edited:
Fiddling with my bank balance!! I'll try zero point calibration at the weekend:-/

MOT fail from dash lights

Thanks guys ,much obliged. Well after £168 I still have lights on!! Toyota techs gave me a code of c1336. They could get 0.0 calibration on 3 but 0.01 on the fourth and can't figure it out so they blamed the suspension and a faulty yaw sensor but they couldn't guarantee me the £700 gamble on replacing it!! They also "suggested" that the 02's have bulbs in the dash..hint hint nudge nudge as its a god damn mot failure which is due next bleeding week!! Now where did I leave me matches??

The lights on the dash are not an MOT failure at the moment - just an advisory.
I've just had my wifes Mercedes pass with a red SRS light on permanently - so no need to panic on that account.
I also have a similar problem in that my VSC etc lights come on first thing in the morning occasionally if it's very cold - but turning the ignition off & back on resets them!

I zero'd and re-calibrated the yaw sensor on mine after I took the AHC off and I removed the ECU as well as the mechanical parts. I just followed the instructions in the FSM to do it manually and it was a PITA but worked.

Have they given you the description for that fault code and is that the only code?
dont suppose u know how u reset it im having same problem with my 100 cruiser tried few ways but no luck cheers john

Back