Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Yet another 80

A big thanks to Stu for going to have a look for me. Fingers crossed I should have first refusal until the weekend when I can get there or maybe Friday.

If any other 80 series gurus are around or in the area and fancy taking a look I would appreciate your company.

stu mentioned a slight clunk/thump in first and I'm not sure if that to be expected or something yo look out for.

Whereabouts is this LC? I couldn't see any area mentioned. That box in the back looks as though it's been fabricated from a piece of furniture looks neatly done though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the brown box is part of the active vaction model from what it found out before there should have been one on the other side aswell with a cooker in it. the one in that side is just for storage. its amazing quilty to be fair it has a muti changer and the oe sub in it.

Sorry andy cant remember where the controls were but its a factory fit one. this is a very nice 80 i will say. it doesnt feel as fast off the mark then my 12v man but i am sure its expected.

stu

Friday afternoon has been booked off and I'm on my way with cash in hand. Any thing to look out for would be appreciated as I know my 100 series backwards but the 80 is a different beast.

If anyone want is free to join me just shout as I'm happy to collect you and drop off along the way.

What time are you seeing it? I'm still learning so can't even pretend to be an expert but I am in Bristol and have an import 80 for comparison although it is a '92 12v model so probably not a brilliant comparison.

Rich

Not sure on time yet but I hope to leave the office around 12 and be in Bristol for 2. I am waiting to hear from the owner as he is an anaesthetist and is not yet sure of his diary for Friday.

What time are you seeing it? I'm still learning so can't even pretend to be an expert but I am in Bristol and have an import 80 for comparison although it is a '92 12v model so probably not a brilliant comparison.

Rich

Yep Rich, you are right, there is very little in common between the two.
Its a pity its not sunday Warren as I am in Bristol for the day collecting some tyres and stuff I have bought, still, there is a wealth of knowledge around that area, if you need any advice when you are there ring me landline but I think you will be ok if Stu has ok'd it.

Andy

Small update, I have managed to change viewing times so that Andy can join me. Its far more comforting knowing you have a second pair of eyes with you that knows there stuff. Stu if you about on Sunday at 3 then you welcome to join as the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.

Ah, that age old "simple fix". If it was that simple, why haven't they done it before sale?

Ah, that age old "simple fix". If it was that simple, why haven't they done it before sale?
Agreed, although to be fair - it cannot possibly be that complicated. Most sellers, including traders, pay someone to mess around with stuff. This will be a niggly repair hence they won't want to pay a fact finding mission....That said - I would probably do the repair, but that would be because it would actually be me doing it!!!!

It's just one of those annoying comments, rather like "AC needs regassing". So why haven't you popped to the garage and paid £40 to get it done?

Except you already have, and that's when you discovered the condenser is like a sieve and any attempt to undo the unions will see the pipes shear off. :eusa-shhh:

He says "the cable needs attention but it does have a fail safe at the rear which enables you to open it from the inside" do all 80's have that? I wasn't aware of one in mine

What he means to say is " you can get to the back of the fuel flap if you take off the jack access panel and spring the latch from inside "

Andy

Thanks Andy, I didn't know it was accessible from the inside. I have twice had the problem of the flap being difficult to open, next time I'll know.

Last edited:
It's just one of those annoying comments, rather like "AC needs regassing". So why haven't you popped to the garage and paid £40 to get it done?

Except you already have, and that's when you discovered the condenser is like a sieve and any attempt to undo the unions will see the pipes shear off. :eusa-shhh:

Oh I agree - but I was trying to illustrate the point that in reality - this should be a cheapish fix, unlike the classic AC one... :)

Back