Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

You know it's Christmas when ....

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I don't think this picture really needs words. It's a bit of an annual ritual.

Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 09.14.36.jpg

There's a bit of a story to these. I collected them over a number of years and they all have a particular spirit in them - it's not a random filling spree. They're mostly Dartington and were gifts from my Old Mum each Christmas. Then one New Year's eve before going out, I was just having a sherry when the glass shelf in the display cabinet gave way and most of the decanters (all full) just spilled out onto the kitchen floor. Needless to say they didn't bounce.

Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 10.30.02.jpg

But the idea of the thread was for others to post their Christmas rituals really.

My christmas ritual is to curl up in a ball rocking back and forth repeating it will be over soon it will be over soon ......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Our usual Christmas has been thrown into turmoil as my M in Law has had a stroke and the family usually go to hers at Christmas but she's unable to cope at the moment.

Oh dear, not very cheerful this thread is it.

It's ok Chris, Shayne made me laugh.

Our ritual usually involves far too much food, wine, and some particularly devilish Bellinis which shouldn't be as nice and intoxicating as they sound. Damn bubbles.

Have a great Christmas mate.

I suppose the only thing that is a ritual with me is putting lights around the tree and taking half a day tracing all the bad connections in the lights. I got so fed up with chasing these last year that I shelled out on some LED lights for the tree (outdoor) so this year's lights on tree episode took all of 20 minutes. [emoji4]

Here's another charming ritual
xmas 001.JPG

I am sure she puts an ad in the local rag saying bring it around Shayne will do it .

Last edited:
Well that's a new one for an overland build Shayne. Good first photo and probably lighter than a drawer system.

[emoji6]

I knew there was a funny in there somewhere. Love to see that in the back of the truck. Brilliant.

You know it Christmas when......

Its 4.30am and im telling my daughter to go back to bed for at least another hour:pray:

OK, tree time, the ritual is dressing it on Christmas Eve. Set it up the night before..... Fine, ready for dressing.

image.jpeg

A bit of a lean to the right, but I'll centre that up when it's got some load on it.

Do we need lights? No was the answer, we have plenty from last year.

4 sets with 140 lights each, that should do it, plugged in and only one set worked. Out with the soldering iron. Every one the same, the lead from the plug not supported in the electronics box, wire as thin as my hair, every one broken.

OK, soldering done, dressed the tree with lights ready for the girls to do their bit with baubels and whatever.

My daughter's comments, not enough lights daddy.

Umph....... 5pm Christmas Eve, living on a side of a hill in the middle of nowhere. Aura said let's try the corner shop. They sell local eggs and home made stuff, no chance thinks me. Off we went in the truck, it's a long way to walk, and lo and behold, they had tree lights!

5 sets I bought, I'll show her not enough lights. 9 sets in total, 140 lights each, 1,260 lights :wtf:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Its like Blackpool illuminations in our place, as well as all the other lights in the room!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We're still using garden furniture indoors, but we did get a new Christmassy table cloth down :lol:

All set, Santa has to navigate a piano down the chimney at about 2:00 in the morning somehow. :lol:

Last edited:
lol, thats a shed load of lights! glad I'm not paying the bill :)

"I'll show her not enough lights" :laughing-rolling: good luck with the challenges ahead :lol:

There's lights, then there's lights and then there's Clives house, looking good Clive.
I'm sure Santa won't miss your house, just remember to leave them on for him.
santa-107.gif

All a bit of fun.

Ana loves it and after all that's what Christmas is all about these days.

image.jpeg

Back