Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1 kzte cylinder head, my delema

Finished it off this evening any running like a dream. Temp gauge is showing about 5mm lower and fan raws like a lion when you heat it up with the electric paint stripper.lol

image.jpg

Good work Rich :clap: Bet you'll be glad to her back on the road.

Yeah been grumpy without out it.. I had to drive my discovery instead..lol

Just need my new rad now..

Nice work Rich. :thumbup:

Fingers crossed you dont have anymore head/gasket problems. :pray:

Where did you fit the sensor? Does it go inside your coolant hose? :think:

Last edited:
no it bolts on to head or top hose outlet and it came from your neck of the woods.

Nice neat little device:icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cool. :icon-biggrin:

Its interesting to hear that yours is sitting at 70 on tick over.

Gives me something to compare mine with. :thumbup:

Engine still running sweet after 2 weeks, I'm only doing local running around as still waiting for radiator which should be here next week.

With my new electronic gauge it's amazing how much the standard gauge doesn't move! At tick over it runs at around 70(Gauge on dash just below leval) and driving around rises to 75 and then briefly rises to 80 when driving hard up a steep hill but drops to around 78 but the standard gauge doesn't move at all!

Gearbox out in the morning as I've got a weep from the rear main crank seal, then it'll be a dry engine :icon-biggrin:

Thanks Rich those figures will be very useful for me as I try to sort my over heating out. :icon-biggrin:

My standard gauge doesnt move from half way until the aftermarket gauge gets up to about 85 degrees. :wtf:

The standard gauge is grossly inaccurate and wont show the engine getting hot until its already overheating. Another thing I've found is if the engine is overheating and is getting towards the red on the standard gauge, you only have to back off the throttle slightly, and almost instantly the needle stops dropping on the standard gauge, even though the temp is still rising on the aftermarket one. :icon-rolleyes:

They made it so it bolts into the existing frame. Proper job mind

Mmmmm.............shiny! :drool:

Looks great! :clap:

Well is 66mm thick if that helps. I'll count the cores tomorrow.

Took it for a thrash down the motorway today and temp never went above 72 no matter what I did. So all good so far.

Another temp sender fitted

Today I fitted another and upgrade on the after market temp gauge and alarm, it comprised of another temp sender that a drilled and tapped into the top alloy water outlet the standard one I had originally fitted just bolted to the alloy housing and although accurate after fitting the new sender I realised it was about 6 degrees lower.

Now the running temp at tick over is now around 80 and rises to 88when driven quite hard.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Rich, the only issue is that if a rad hose bursts/something goes through the rad and you loose all your coolant I don't think you will get an accurate reading to say your engine is overheating. :think:

I still have the other one bolted onto the head as the gauge can run 2 senders and alarms set on both senders.

Back