Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 Sound System Upgrade and Reverse Camera

garygiles1963

Hi

I want to upgrade my sound system on my 120, most of all get Bluetooth connection. I'm also thinking of getting a reverse camera installed to.

I would very much appreciate recommendations, thoughts and experiences on any of the above.

I would also like any recommendation for installers in or near London.

Many thanks.

Gary.

I installed an alpine dvd sat nav unit in my LC and all was good until i swapped phones. I went from iphone that worked great on the alpine, you could control all your music phone calls etc all from the usb cable.
I then swapped to a samsung galaxy android phone and it wouldn't do much apart from charge through the USB, i had to play music through the aux in and you had to select the music by touching the phone, it ended up a complete faff and too many wires in the cab. i have now changed to a pioneer that has android auto and its all good again.:)

So make sure whatever you buy is compatible with the phone you have.

They all pretty much have a connection on the back for a rear view camera.

I think the car audio centre have a fitting centre's at tooting. Ilford or northwood

www.caraudiocentre.co.uk

I haven't used them personally as i fit my own stuff but there prices seem good.

Thanks for the reply.

Did you replace both the screen and radio section or just the radio section below the screen?

Regards

Gary

I installed an alpine dvd sat nav unit in my LC and all was good until i swapped phones. I went from iphone that worked great on the alpine, you could control all your music phone calls etc all from the usb cable.
I then swapped to a samsung galaxy android phone and it wouldn't do much apart from charge through the USB, i had to play music through the aux in and you had to select the music by touching the phone, it ended up a complete faff and too many wires in the cab. i have now changed to a pioneer that has android auto and its all good again.:)

So make sure whatever you buy is compatible with the phone you have.

They all pretty much have a connection on the back for a rear view camera.

I think the car audio centre have a fitting centre's at tooting. Ilford or northwood

www.caraudiocentre.co.uk

I haven't used them personally as i fit my own stuff but there prices seem good.

Im Guessing you have a LC5?

i had just a double din cd player with a very basic sat nav from toyota.

the toyota head unit is wider than double din too. so i found out that toyota celica adaptor ends fit very well.

Double din = the size.

single din is the normal small headunits that most cars had through the 80/90's

double din is pretty much what it says, double the size.

you are more limited with your choice because you have the LC5 and its also one of the reason why i went for the lower spec lc4. Your climate control is also controlled through the touch screen. I think Gary stockton had an lc5, i think he installed a parrot handsfree kit that allowed music to be played through that. im not sure if you have a connection on the back of the standard Toyota headunit for a rear camera.

Someone else might be able to elaborate on this?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK

That makes sense now.

Can I change the DIN 1 part with out effecting the controls on the touch screen, like climate control.

Regards

Gary

Not sure on that one. My set up is different so wouldn't want to steer you down the wrong road.

Maybe others that have had/got an LC5 will come along and help out?

Yes its a LC5

Would you mind explaining the "Double Din"

G.
If it helps, this is a pic of my LC4 showing the layout - 1DIN is 5cms deep so, 2DIN is 10cms deep.

_DSC0001.jpg

Due to the integration with climate etc I very much doubt you will be able to replace the std radio show in the lc5.

I used the Northwood Car Audio Centre to do a install in my LC4 and they did a good job. Friendly enough and reasonably priced.

Hi, if you can share a picture that may help, I have an invincible with a double din touch screen sat nav that controls air con and other stuff along with a single din radio cassette that connects to a 6 CD player in the glove box. After lots of reading it appears I can do anything with it as they are all interlinked. I can post a picture tomorrow if that helps.

Hi, if you can share a picture that may help, I have an invincible with a double din touch screen sat nav that controls air con and other stuff along with a single din radio cassette that connects to a 6 CD player in the glove box. After lots of reading it appears I can do anything with it as they are all interlinked. I can post a picture tomorrow if that helps.

You have the LC5 setup and as you have found it will be there extremely difficult to change this.

Mine is a LC4 and looked like the attached after the std radio was replaced.
20150831_122743_HDR.jpg

Back