Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 spec differences, colour combinations and audio

I didn't even read the ad the price just caught my attention while i was looking for a swb 150 at 3 in the morning .

I have looked at a fair few patrols but the ones down this way have all been rotten. I looked at one I even put my hand throw the sill then it all fell on the floor taking my hand back out.

The early 4.2 d are something special.

Stu

I've not long ago sold my 94 SWB 4.2 Patrol, I just figured it wasn't what I wanted to run around in compared with a 24V auto Cruiser. They are mechanically strong but the 4.2 is between a 60 engine but smoother and a 80 engine which is a load more powerful so its ok and fairly understressed so should last well. The axles are very strong but also very heavy as is well documented. The Chassis on mine had been welded and needed a bit more as they are no where as thick as an 80 chassis.
It was ok but everything about it said " Toyota got there first and did it 20% better".
That said there is a following for the 4.2's as they are a bit "80" ish in Nissan Patrol circles.

Yeah I could find the hill decent and and atrac.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My wife wants a leather interior and it will be hers so I think the lc4 will be fine. Any issues with the auto box?
Thanks guys

Not that im aware of. the later 5 speed auto is from some 54 plates onwards. my LC is late December registered and has the 5 speed. just gives you a bit better fuel economy.

Yeah on a roads this one did seem a bit high reving so maybe not the car for us

Do we have a "confessions of a defector" section on the forum? You guys are going to like me even less than usual......

Just a lucky Guess
Not Bad. you will have to keep us updated to see what the real world reliability is. ive only ever driven the range rover sport it was like an airplane cockpit to sit into. and pretty smooth to drive.

Last edited:
DSC_0392.JPG

Facelift Vogue TDV8

I'm not a green oval stranger, having had a Disco 1, 3 Disco 2's, and a P38.
All been leaky and had their issues. P38 was a fated LPG purchase that predictably boiled up.

Have a pal with an earlier td6, he's had his issues too but he's a mechanic which benefits us both !

looks nice. i hope you have many happy miles in it. ive also had a a couple of Green ovals in my time. (disco 1, and Defender) plus my Dads also into landrovers. But i will say my colorado did out last my dads Disco td5 ( and i dont let him forget it:lol:)

View attachment 24242

Facelift Vogue TDV8

I'm not a green oval stranger, having had a Disco 1, 3 Disco 2's, and a P38.
All been leaky and had their issues. P38 was a fated LPG purchase that predictably boiled up.

Have a pal with an earlier td6, he's had his issues too but he's a mechanic which benefits us both !

Very nice, having driven one and a 200 series Cruiser I know which is the better one to drive and be in, and its not Mr T's.

I hope this isn't the start of an adulteration to our forum. :think:

Back