Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

194 80 series 4.2td.

Look at the bidding history - £6555 retracted wrong amount, £3200 cancelled - listing error

I'm sure Chris has added it to his database so he'll let us know if the same one pops up again :icon-cool:

Love the artistically taken pics to hide the front bumper though - priceless!

Fantastic - I don't have an ebay account - can someone ask the question on the listing? Please!?!

I have Dave - that's when it was removed and has not come back to me since. Someone else should ask and see what the response is. I cant help wondering - that is very low mileage - how easy is it to clock a LC.

Tobie

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Fantastic - I don't have an ebay account - can someone ask the question on the listing? Please!?!
I've asked, waiting for an answer.
EDIT
Answer came;

Whole car is complete - no damage

Further edit;

I then asked why the current pics don't show the front of the truck answer was

Will post tomorrow

watch this space!

Last edited:
Tobie

if a 24v comes to me ill list it on here. Ive got couple of others but there just breakers.far to far gone to Do anything with. Ones going to be my pick up.

No Karl you will tell everyone you have offered it to the one first on your list...........

By the way what are your chances of getting a 24v soon?

Tobie

how easy is it to clock a LC.
undo a few screws, unplug and remove the instrument cluster, plug the new one in, do some screws up ... seats don't look bad in the pics so it may be genuine, be nice to see some old MOT's to back that up. Never took an instrument cluster to bits but I bet its not hard to adjust to whatever takes your fancy.

Last edited:
Hi Tobie

Three days ago nothing lined up. Then got offered these two and did the deal on phone then collected today. Been offered another 12v tonight. Nothing as of yet but could get offered three by the end of the week or no trucks at all for the next four months. Just dont ever know .

I shall stand by what I said. If it's available, go and look at it. If it's straight offer cash money. If not, walk away wiser. Don't expect every one that you go to see to be the 'one' but be prepared that it might be. Learn what is critical and when to walk away very quickly and know what is simple to fix but looks terrible and can be used to batter them down on price. Almost every 80 will have the seat bolster on the driver side hidden. Why? Because the people selling them think that it's a deal breaker. We all KNOW they're buggered, so we can use that as an advantage when we get there. If a seller shows the seat and it's good, then there is a very good chance that the cars is a good one. But they don't know that. If you want a minter then get you £10k out and go and see one of these rip off artists who have some genuine trucks but at plenty top dollar. I'm sure that Oakleigh will sell you a mighty fine example.

I don't have this truck in my data base actually as I'm not remotely interested nor is it near enough to go and look at. But clearly something is happening under the counter. A dodgy deal doesn't mean it's a dodgy truck.
Chris

Guy left his number - arranged a viewing for tomorrow - did hpi check - recorded as an insurance write-off. Recorded by insurers as the subject of a total loss claim due to damage. Valuation=£3750. Wat now?

Don't shoot me but I am going to walk away from this one as well.
Reasons:
- Guy never mentioned it and tried to hide front of car
- Don't know to what standard car was repaired
- Might have problems to insure
- Getting seriously fed up

It is was recorded at a total loss, then if there was to be another claim they would pay out a max of 75% of the value. Some times it is 50%.

Paul

Back