Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1998 gxv auto 4.7 v8

goldrocks

has any one had problems with the ecu fuse becoming red hot and melting?? i was able to take out old fuse and replaced....theres still power but car wont start..

Have you double checked the fuse is of the correct rating? You have much larger problems than the fuse if it is!

First point of call I'd be checking the wiring very closely from the fuse into the ECU itself.

You could also try saying a hello and a bit of information about yourself ;)

Oh and put some pics up of yoru beast!

has any one had problems with the ecu fuse becoming red hot and melting?? i was able to take out old fuse and replaced....theres still power but car wont start..
In addition to checking the wiring, check the ecu itself (I presume this is the Engine ECU, there are about 14 ECUs around the car). This would be typical of a leaking windscreen (has it been changed during the last year?) and water dripping straight down onto the E-ecu.

thanx heaps guys for the info,yes the main ecu fuse is correct amperage but as u said its more internal the problem i think.....the windsceen leaking is a very good point for future referance. by the way i"m john from aus....i bought this cruiser 2 yrs ago ,whacked on another 50,000 km on it ...it now sits on 402,000 km and the motor has been awsum with plenty of grunt.. pics coming soon cheers

well i found the problem,the fuel pump had died resulting in the ecu fuse becoming hot and eventually melting inside in fuse box...back on the road cheers guys

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
does anyone hav a cruiser 4.7 on duel fuel ..mine converted in 2007.....the rear fuel tank removed and replaced with 90 litre lpg tank...the gas system is made by prins.....i get about 450 kms to a tank of gas on a trip ...fuel here in aus about 150 ,160 cents per litre ..gas hovering around 65 cents per litre.. no power loss if any i get more on gas

Back