Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2004 MFD failure?

foobar

Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

Hope you had a good Christmas, and have a Happy New Year!

We spent Christmas away on the North Kent coast. On the way down I noticed the outside temperature gauge wasn't showing anything, and there were no temperatures (inside or out) showing on the LED display. Hmm.

If I press the climate button I get a message asking to check the connection to the air conditioner. I have no fans, no AC or heating. I also seem to have lost heated mirrors, rear de-mister, and the rear heating button, or at least no lights come on when I press them.

Everything else works though - Sat Nav, Info screen, radio (the console radio buttons work too), calendar etc all are working, and there's no delay when pressing the screen.

Before I take this to Mr T, does this sound like MFD failure? Mine is a 2004, which it seems is known for it. I believe this could alternatively be a dry solder joint - I noticed it after a particularly bumpy section of the M25 south of Staines.

I think my first option is to attempt removal and check power pin connections on the back of the unit, but thought I'd ask in here if anyone has had this combination first.

Thanks,
Steve.

I don't know the fault but it sounds like possibles a poor connection somewhere given what you say.

I suppose you have checked the 15A A/C fuse?

I suppose you have checked the 15A A/C fuse?

Hmm, spot on. That's odd because I checked all the relevant fuses when I arrived at our destination last week and I didn't see it had blown (although I didn't pull it at the time, just a visual, we were unpacking). Just pulled it and there is no continuity. Replaced it and everything's come back. It pays to double-check :)

Strange that it also took out some, but not all, of the console controls.

Thanks all,
Steve.

Back