Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2011 LC - Diff Lock Indicator Flashing

I hate to be the burden of bad news but shifting to 4 lo n back only buys you time. If you are experiencing the locking diff light it’s one of two things.

1. Your kids were playing in you car n hit the button best case!

2. Mice ate through your wiring harness!!!
You sound like you speak from experience LC?

I have got a 2008 LC 200 vx 4.7L petrol with the same problem.

If I start the vehicle for the first time that day the diff lock indicator light is flashing, once I've driven for a few kms, switch off and restart the light is off.

I have got a 2008 LC 200 vx 4.7L petrol with the same problem.

If I start the vehicle for the first time that day the diff lock indicator light is flashing, once I've driven for a few kms, switch off and restart the light is off.

The same for me.
2012 LC 200 GXL 4.5L Diesel Automatic km:142.000

It started a week after I bought the car from a dealer. Does anyone have a hint?

My LC200 VX2014 has the same problem. It seems to be temperature related, as driving for half an hour in cooler temps (10C) fixes it after a restart. I know of another same aged VX with the same problem. Auto electricians don’t want to touch it, and Toyota charges too much. I can’t help feeling there is an electrical connection or multiplug that gets dirty or wet, somewhere outside the cabin, that feeds both the diff lock and the h/l range actuators. Can anyone please supply any diagrams and photos of where I should start searching?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back