butwat

hi a
i am new to this
i have a 2015 push start land cruiser
i have been through a flood recently
and gears no changing trying to find the
AT ECU location (help please )

{admin:Moved this thread}

Im not sure the Transmission ECU is located , could be on the transmission itself? There are ECUs located under each front kick panel also. Throttle position sensor can cause issues with Transmission gear change Have that checked also.

Also check for water in the AT Fluid. If a breather has become detached or otherwise compromised, and water gets into the auto gearbox then it can have these sorts of symptoms. I’m not sure if the newer boxes have dipsticks? Certainly an inspection of ATF to see what’s present and how much would be my first item to check.

No Dipstick Starcruiser . The breathers are up above the bell housing between the block and firewall, the water would have to be pretty deep to get in there

How deep deep was the water butwat?

No Dipstick Starcruiser . The breathers are up above the bell housing between the block and firewall, the water would have to be pretty deep to get in there

How deep deep was the water butwat?
As I said, ‘if a breather has become detached’ … @Chas has had first hand experience of this on his 80. Could be worth following the breather back down and checking it is firmly connected.
I’m not surprised there is no dipstick but there surely must be fill and drain ports on the box somewhere? I sincerely hope it isn’t this of course. If the breather is still connected it’s probably safe to rule this possibility out.

Check your fuses. There’s probably one for Auto trans or something like. If it has blown, check for damage to wiring or partially mated connectors underneath. If there has been work carried out on the truck in that area or any rocks in the flood it may be worthy of investigation.

I’ve also experienced what could be described as ‘hesitation’ of the Diff Lock system to disengage. I’m not sure if this prevents gear changes? Just a thought if that may have occurred.

As I said, ‘if a breather has become detached’ … @Chas has had first hand experience of this on his 80. Could be worth following the breather back down and checking it is firmly connected.

Good point didnt see that. I wish mine had become detached when I was trying to extend the breathers , I tore the hose before it let go of its home :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good point didnt see that. I wish mine had become detached when I was trying to extend the breathers , I tore the hose before it let go of its home :(
I’ve had similar before on others. I feel your pain…usually when the hand that holds the hose comes to an abrupt stop against something solid that you once thought to be out the way. :x :angry-screaming:

Back