Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2016 snow photos anyone?

Firstly WOW, what gorgeous photos of the snow. You're making us all jealous here you know!!

Secondly Ouch!! I know what that back feels like and you have my sympathy. I've had similar but fortunately I have a lady that sorts my back.

I hope it starts on the mend today and that you're better soon!!

Sorry to hear about your back Clive, I'm feeling your pain. I'm sure that drive on the beautiful snow covered tracks did you the world of good. My back is whinging too, I spent this morning at the Overland Show at Olympia, not much good, just a huge hall full of cubicles about 6ft x 6ft square with overland companies advertising their wares, picked up a load of brochures and a few free pens though, I only saw a couple of stands with anything to do with 4x4 stuff.

Good skiing today in the Grampian mountains in Scotland, 20km self propelled , and gravity helped at times :)

8ddda46952cc55942db61ebc7a6e6707.jpg

c854caeba42087c6838d49624aeaf0c8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your back Clive hope it's better soon buddy,them photos are brilliant so jealous

Good skiing today in the Grampian mountains in Scotland, 20km self propelled , and gravity helped at times :) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fantastic Andy, I'm envious of your fitness, strength and stamina. 20km of hard work by the sound of it, when I'm having trouble making it to the end of the hallway in my slippers :?

Excellent photo too, enjoy :thumbup:

Thanks for all the get well wishes.

If it follow as the pattern set by the last 30 years or so, I've got 10 days of this, then it will have eased off to something tolerable and manageable.

Just a note to you youngsters, don't mess with your back, it's easy to abuse it when you're young, but you won't get away with it long term. :eusa-naughty:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ain't that the truth Clive. I put mine out reaching to pick up a drill when I was 17 and it's never been fully right since. 5 years later I got hit from behind while stationary at the side of the road. Got out felt fine, next day it felt like I'd been hit on the back of the neck with a cricket bat, whiplash of course. That has actually played a major part since in making me susceptible. A bad mattress choice meant weekly visits until we changed it and I get less problems now in a month than I did in a week when we had that.

You're more likely to put your back out sneezing or picking up a pencil 'cos you don't think you need to do it right.

I once chopped a ba57ard piece of wood for a friend with a maul. It was like hitting concrete and I felt it go down my back. That night I was woken up by someone screaming. I realised that someone was me as my back had gone into spasm and I had moved in bed. The next two nights I had to sleep sitting up until I could get it put back again as the guy I saw was in eastbourne and no amount of pleading would get him back.

Anyway, hope it's better soon Clive (though I'm sure we both know that the body only gets used to the new position)

Sympathies Rich, much of what you say rings a bell or two :?

I suppose this really belongs in the Whose Doing What Maintenance Today thread, but I toddled of to the emergency room this afternoon, just to get my diagnosis confirmed.

They Checked my oil pressure which was allegedly low at 112/60 (whatever that means) and spent a long time listening to my history and then offered me a blood test, x-Ray and an infusion.

Soon I had this breather extension attachment fitted...

image.jpeg

Then they proceeded to to extract copious quantities of red coolant :shock:

Next they rigged up the breather extension to some sort of expansion bottle dangling from a flimsy looking frame, through these little tubes...

image.jpeg

The whole set-up didn't look very robust, and I guess they realized this, because after an hour or so, they dismantled everything and threw it all in the garbage.

Then I was told to follow a quite attractive nurse down to x-Ray. I was positioned on a vertical solid white screen type thingy, and after dropping my kecks, I got buzzed by x-Rays full frontal and then side-on.

Now the nurse and I were on first-name terms :icon-wink: and I followed Mihaela back to the ER where the real doctor proceeded to divulge the results of the tests they'd done on the coolant extraction.

Bottom line, Rheumatoid arthritis.

I'm now scheduled for an MRI scan, which should explain why I appear to have enlarged separations between 2 or 3 vertebrae, showing up on the X-Ray.

Hey ho, it's been with me for a long time, so at least I now have something to call it, instead of just a bad back.

Twice in in one day, I've got to be on first-name terms with folks I've never met.

MRI sometime next week all going well.

Still, that flimsy expansion bottle rig thingy did some good, it's 11:15 and I've had no pain whatsoever since 7:00 :dance:

That's it Clive, stiff upper lip and all that, what what! remember you're English and as such have won first prize in the lottery of life.

That's it Clive, stiff upper lip and all that, what what! remember you're English and as such have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Absolutely, one of the privileged few.:thumbup:

I'll tell you something, I'm in a better state than some of the visitors to the ER. I wouldn't be surprised if some from an RTA that came in while I was there, will be leaving by the back door :icon-cry:

Well hope all goes well and you get sorted buddy.

Well hope all goes well and you get sorted buddy.

Thanks matey!

A temporary glitch, I'm sure. Not the first time and surely won't be the last.

Getting old is certainly not recommended :shifty:

That stuff they poured in you probably has the equivalent of removing your oil light so you're blissfully unaware of the damage you're doing.

Rheumatoid arthritis is what they call things they can't identify and give another name.

Don't whatever you do let them do exhaust analysis. [emoji33]

Don't you wish sometimes they would just give you the medicine without telling you what its for :icon-rolleyes: nevermind though you have managed with it this long without help so a bit of specific medicine can only make things easier . Fingers crossed for you mate it should be a step in the right direction .

Don't you wish sometimes they would just give you the medicine without telling you what its for :icon-rolleyes: nevermind though you have managed with it this long without help so a bit of specific medicine can only make things easier . Fingers crossed for you mate it should be a step in the right direction .

In in a way, yes Shayne.

But I've had this ages with no definitive diagnosis, torn ligaments, inflammation, and such.

If they're right with the rheumatoid arthritis, there should be some treatment, however effective or not. They're talking of some therapy courses, vibrio massage, sonic rays, radiation, goodness knows what!

I'll be having Chinese horoscope accupuncture next :lol:

We'll see, anything's worth a try.

Tell me about it i've got osteoporosis and arthritis and pelvic displacement and everything else they keep on the excuse for anti-inflammatory and painkillers list , the most sensible response i have ever had from a qualified medical professional was "well we could break the other leg which might even things up" :lol:

Back