Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2022 injectors stuffed already

It's beyond the joke isn't it ? Hope they can resolve it permanantly for you.
This is a bad reflection on Toyota, even though the injectors are still Denso ?
It makes you wonder if Denso are now cutting corners or injectors just cant cope with the pressure/heat of Toyota's lump.
Whatever it is, Toyota have had years to develop/research/resolve this problem, almost from day one on a d4d engine. Instead of improving, the situation is getting worse !

Aren't the 150 injectors a totally different design to the 120? I thought they were supposed to be problem free, comparatively anyway...

8k is ridiculous. If they carry on like this we'll be getting free injectors with a diesel fill up!

All too common now with high output diesel engines ....they just don't last .
Merc have issues
Ford have issues
BMW have issues
Landrover have issues
It's getting to the stage where you have to think carefully about buying a new diesel ....
The Y62 Nissan Patrol with the V8 petrol looks like a very good option and MPG isn't bad , especially if you factor in petrol is a good 25p a litre cheaper than diesel on a lot of forecourts now... infact rather than a 200 that might be the next car

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not to hijack this thread but what sort of problems are they all having? DPF's? Injectors?

DPF would be enough to put me off a modern diesel tbh

Aren't the 150 injectors a totally different design to the 120? I thought they were supposed to be problem free, comparatively anyway...

8k is ridiculous. If they carry on like this we'll be getting free injectors with a diesel fill up!

I think it's an entirely different engine to the 120 / early 150. At least I can tell you it looks very different, to the extent I couldn't find the oil filter and had to Google the location (accessed from underneath the car now). It's a lot quicker, and more fuel efficient than my 120. But my 120 is 17 years old with 220,000 miles on it, and has never broken down. It's just got a dissolving chassis.

Squeezing more power out of smaller engines will never produce reliability . EU stay ahead of the game by developing the engines and then changing regulations to fit so everyone else is playing catchup .

Mercs have injector issues,
Ford engines....you name it... injectors , DEF problems , and lot's of other problems mainly as Shayne mentioned caused by trying to get power from smaller engines
Landrover ..... engines made from plastic ( inlet manifolds ) cranks snap , turbos fail , electrics reliability haven't progressed much from when Lucas was supplying series LR's ...
Fact is modern diesels are so strangled and complicated that reliability ....one of the original big plus factors for a diesel.... is now worse than petrols in certain applications...

Back