Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2lt turbo

bobo

Country Flag
montenegro
Hey everybody!
Can somebody help me to solve a problem with turbo on my 2lt engine from 1990 year on lj73.
Now for second time I send turbo on reparations because of loosing oil, and again I saw oil in the compresor and pipe after compressor.
I wonder can be a problem with oil pressure which comes on turbo,or something else?
Thanks!!!

I think it is normal for the pipes to and from the turbo to be wet with oil certainly my 3L TD is always wet when i take it apart and is perhaps more so since i upped the boost and fitted an intercooler . My guess is they are designed this way to keep the turbo lubricated because as far as i'm aware there is no other way to oil the turbo short of removing it from the truck ?

Hi

Is itleaking oil from the turbo?

If so, it will probably drip on to the exhaust and there will be a burning smell.

Is the red warning light on the dashboard coming on at all?

If its the original turbo then its 24 years old, and probably time for a new one.

If you search on ebay, look for a company called maxspeedingrods , they sell a replacement CT20 for about £125.00, I fitted one cos of an oil leak and I found it worked fine after the change.

Good luck

Pete

I found oil in intake pipe and intake manifold,lose about 1l oil on 1000km.Just now I was instaled new turbo which I was buy on aliexpres from one company with very positive feedback!
But I saw little bit oil drip on the compresor of turbo again.Maybe will stop because its new.
Any way thanks a lot guys and I am sorry because of my bad english!

I get red warning light on 3500rpm in the 3 gear spead,but truck going great,turbo doing job only problem with oil!

By intake pipe you mean the metal pipe that runs across the top of the engine? If so, thats normal, its because its a very oily atmosphere in there.

1l of oil in a 1000km is a lot.

When you start the engine what colour is the smoke initially.

What mileage is on the truck?

Sounds like worn rings.

The turbo shouldnt be leaking, but Im not sure from the description where it is leaking from. A photo might help.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You know more about this than me Pete but i'm wondering if worn rings throw oil into the exhaust and if this engine has an egr valve would that not make it appear as if the turbo was leaking oil ? A litre of oil every 600 miles is a lot !

Yes that pipe where is written 2LT!but too much oil im that pipe! from the turbo is comeing in that pipe and going through intake manifold in cylinder.
on the truck is 300000km
When I drive downhill without aceleraton after that I give acc and comes white smoke for a few seconds.
thanks Pete!

20140324_132756.jpg20140324_132826.jpg20140324_132809.jpg

Back