Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4.7 VX with Lumpy Idle - Been told burnt valves? - HELP ME!!

ECU says when petrol is injected maybe i was thinking maybe an adjustable air screw , perhaps it doesn't have one , just an idea for the clever fella's to think over .

Can't the idle speed be altered at the carb ? just a suggestion because i used to do it on bikes maybe someone who actually knows what a cruiser carb looks like can tell us .
Hi Shayne,

I don't think it has a carb.

Gra.

Forget the old days of carb/airscrew tweaking. Most ECU controlled EFI systems are a completely different ball game. Everything is monitored and controlled by sensors and servos, flow meters etc. Most new bikes are the same and have been for a few years now. Even the 'cleverest' EFI system can't compensate for high compression imbalance.

Going back to the OP, if you have burnt valves which, unfortunately, looks likely, no amount of fuel additive or cleaner will cure it. As mentioned, some good used heads may be the cheapest answer. You could fettle them yourself (decoke, lap the valves in etc) and get them ready to bolt straight on. JMO

Last edited:
Don't you just love technology , how long before we can just download repairs for a bargain price of £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ !

Back