Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

600 mile round trip FOR NOTHING !

Shayne

Guru
I've looking for a truck for Helen and a week ago found a black d4d swb colie with 130k miles on the clock . Phone the seller and all sounds good so i said as long as i don't arrive to find anything seriously wrong with it i will take it at the advertised price . No problem he says but he is working away from home until Friday . Great i says if your happy to hold on to it we can drive up Saturday , spend the night in a hotel and collect on Sunday . OK it's a deal he says . Half 9 Sunday morning i get a text "sorry Toyota sold" :angry-screaming:

So thank you Chris in County Durham phone number 07500338318 who did own a black and silver swb 90 i sincerely hope you were paid with a rubber cheque .

I went to look at the same 80 twice that never appeared. All arranged, confirmed and when I arrived .... nothing. Seems to happen all the time. They could at least have rung you. Thing is that it happens both ways. People SAY they're coming and then don't show up. So if you get another offer, it's tempting to take it. A bird in the hand and all that. Some folks just don't care about letting others down.

at least he let you know. I have turned up to find the seller out and only after numerous chasing have found out it has been sold. It's fair enough to take the money that's there, as above, can't blame someone for that, so would I because there's always a good chance a buyer may not turn up or may change their mind. But I would at least let other prospective buyers know. Usually if I have a firm sounding buyer I would try and organise subsequent interested parties to come later.

Having said that, if I knew someone was coming all that way and staying in a hotel, I wouldn't sell it until they had been because clearly they have invested quite a bit of time and money in coming so are likely to be a serious buyer.

I don't know quite what you hoped to achieve by publishing the sellers name and phone number

134000 miles he openly admitted it was a listing error which prompted me to ask if he is ok to communicate via text which he wasn't so yeah that adds up .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
mmnn, see your point, does smell a bit, well, like haddock!

annoying either way

Sometimes theses things happen for a reason buddy.

That's how the we read it Sag its the second black 90 we tried and failed on so she doesn't want one any more ................ unless its mine :|

Find yourself a nice "straight" 80 Shayne, baseline it, and build it slowly over time to what you want.

Give Helen the 90, she'll be happy and I'm sure she'll let you drive it for old times sake :lol:

That way, you get the best of both worlds and after driving it, you'll agree I'm sure, that the 80 has a unique charm of its own that you'll find difficult to shake off.

Got a 95 LWB 1998 in green which we have owned since 2002 and 90,000 almost fault free miles apart from the usual wear and tear. We are swopping the private reg plate to won't be available till early March. :icon-cool:

You should have no problems moving that on Potshot but its not what I'm looking for .

Clive it's a no go I'm afraid , I took a keen interest in the blue 80 Chris posted yesterday I had been looking at it am to pm before it was mentioned here , as a base vehicle it ticks every box for me . So much so I printed off pics and visited a couple of paint shops , investigated lift options and other mods , even checked plane and train for collection . The upshot of all that was nope its not gonna happen . I could live with the financial side of it if I genuinely felt drawn to the 80 but all I have is a vague curiosity which is not enough .

It was like this when getting rid of the bm for the Lc,Massive jump but in the end I'm so glad I did as wouldn't be going anywhere in this,all I said to my self the right motor will come along soon and it did.still miss the bm though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    951.5 KB · Views: 161
You should have no problems moving that on Potshot but its not what I'm looking for .

Clive it's a no go I'm afraid , I took a keen interest in the blue 80 Chris posted yesterday I had been looking at it am to pm before it was mentioned here , as a base vehicle it ticks every box for me . So much so I printed off pics and visited a couple of paint shops , investigated lift options and other mods , even checked plane and train for collection . The upshot of all that was nope its not gonna happen . I could live with the financial side of it if I genuinely felt drawn to the 80 but all I have is a vague curiosity which is not enough .

Thats how I felt when I had my 95, until I drove an 80 :)

I found Helen a nice swb Patrol today and finally got a happy response from her , go and get it tomorrow she says :happy-bouncyred: ..... a preliminary DVLA check shows the vehicle described as black is actually blue , sellers says yeah its a listing mistake but I thought the pics were good enough , Helen says no deal :eusa-hand:

:confusion-shrug: :violin: :violence-shootself:

I found Helen a nice swb Patrol today and finally got a happy response from her , go and get it tomorrow she says :happy-bouncyred: ..... a preliminary DVLA check shows the vehicle described as black is actually blue , sellers says yeah its a listing mistake but I thought the pics were good enough , Helen says no deal :eusa-hand:

:confusion-shrug: :violin: :violence-shootself:

:angry-screaming:Bummer.

BTW, have you ever driven an 80 Shayne, I imagine not from other posts?

As a member of this forum, it's compulsory that you have to drive one before you can dis the idea for good.

Drive one.

After you have, you're free to do what you like. :lol:

Back