Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series bush kit

Declan

Country Flag
ireland
Looking for a complete bush kit to suit my 80 series, thinking of going for a super pro polybush kit which is working out about €570 any other recommendations would be appreciated, thanks

I’d suggest staying OEM but I don’t know the effect on price...

I’d suggest staying OEM but I don’t know the effect on price...
I will second that any poly bush kit I have ever had seemed to have a short life compared to OEM

I’ve just polybushed mine. Id have liked OEM but cost and ease fitting swung me toward the cheaper option. To be honest (although with big tall mud tyres) I can’t really tell the difference driving wise. We will see how long they last but given how cheap they are and how easy they are to fit I don’t mind if they don’t last 230k miles like the originals.

Rob

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I’ve just polybushed mine. Id have liked OEM but cost and ease fitting swung me toward the cheaper option. To be honest (although with big tall mud tyres) I can’t really tell the difference driving wise. We will see how long they last but given how cheap they are and how easy they are to fit I don’t mind if they don’t last 230k miles like the originals.

Rob

What sort of price would a full oem kit cost?

Avoid those spilt bushes with the ferrule through the middle. Doesn't matter what make, they're rubbish. Either get the steel sleeved / rubber internal or high quality synthetic bobbins ones that need to be pushed in. You can do them without a press.

The split ones flex too much and wear themselves loose. They're fine just going up and down, but because they twist, they're always rubbing themselves away.

Just received 12 OEM bushes for leaf springs from Simon. They were about 4 X the cost of poly bushes. But the poly only lasted 2 years ladt time before the knocking started.

Ok so don’t think I’ll be going with polybushes after all ha, has anyone any reviews of the Whiteline bush’s from roughtrax?

I use Whiteline , when removed panhard and trailing arms few month back the 5 year old bushes still looked good and i've twisted my rear axle enough to spill fuel from the filler cap .

Whiteline in my truck everywhere. The oldest have done about 40000 km off road and are still good

I shot my OME polys to pieces in about 3 years but kept them on for 5 years before replacing with OEM.

I really think they’re a false economy, but appreciate the ease of fitment.

You pays yer money and ...

I put Whitelines on the LCAs on the 95, no problems, but one thought I had re synthetic bushes is that they don't absorb shocks as much as rubber ones do.

Just remember that if you buy genuine parts you have to do it twice because they don't like being hammered as much as the Chinese stuff.
However, if you can remove the components and the old bushings yourself then a garage may not charge you too much to press the new ones in. I normally cut a wedge out with a reciprocating saw and then they can be tapped out with a blunt instrument. Are OE bushings available through amayma?

Are OE bushings available through amayma?

yes they are

The best i can get a full oem set of bushes for is £450.

Thats every bush inc anti roll bars. nuts, bolts and washers.
Does that include leading, trailing, upper control arm bushes etc?

Back