Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series castor

alliston

Hello people's I need some of your wisdom I have just fitted 2 inch spring seats on the front my 1990 80 series to level it up with the rear so I'm running roughly 4" lift. I was wondering what's the best way to adjust the castor ie bushes,castor plates. Does any one have a idea of what degree castor bushes to get it see 2 degrees and 3 degrees if I go for cc bushes. All reply will be appreciated cheers

I can't tell you what to do, but I can certainly suggest that the best way in my opinion is to drop the rear of the front arm using these boxes from FNB. Stan on here is the UK importer.

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/55511-Landcruiser-80series-DropBoxes-released

It's simple, quick and utterly hassle free. Couple of spanners is all that''s needed.

You can use CC plates which would be my next choice. But you can run into issues with the steering arm hitting the top of the leading arms. At the levels of correction you are looking at, this is a distinct probability. Then there are CC bushes. Well personally I wouldn't. I think they're a dodge really. They must be fitted perfectly too so that all the holes line up again and I think that you can only go to a max of about 2 degrees correction.

Seriously, rear boxes is the way. If I ever get around to it, I shall have a set for mine and take the CC plates off the front.

Fast replies thanks alot I might have a go at making my own drop brackets over the weekend what do you do think think is a sensible drop about 2"

Well I didn't know your abilities. You may own a laser cutting fabrication business in which case go for it and I'll have a set too. But I did it this way myself by adding brackets to the original hangers. All went well til I hit 42mph and then the truck tried to kill me. It didn't just wobble, it was like an earthquake. I nearly crashed. Mr T went to a lot of trouble to make the suspension and you only need to be a mill or two out and all that goes wrong. Personally I'd buy them. 2 " sounds about right. When I added my extra bit it did look like the right way to go I have to say.

Haven't got a laser cutting machine lol I wish but me and my mates do alot in his garage we recently done a double triangulated 4 link on his hilux pickup. Did you find out why it went wrong

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No. It all looked perfectly good to me and alignment seemed perfect. But it was un-drivable.

SRENGTH is needed not only fore and aft but sideways as well any flex will cause an increasing vibration/wobble.

Don't you worry mate over engined is how we work you be able to bounce of rock with the bracket ha ha

Back