Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series gullwings rear windows

I thought carefully about which CD to use for scale. Looks like it was worth it…[emoji41]

Just hope the hinges turn up for me to mock it up soon and then get some bits made for a trial run. [emoji4]

It's not only the filings that need hinges around here [emoji12]

Hinges arrived today. All is well so far.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hinge mod should work fine, materials on order, should get somewhere next week. Not had the time I wanted this week but should be better next week, hopefully!

Will be waiting with bated breath.

Just don't hold it Chas, don't want you going blue on my account!![emoji6]

Just a figure of speech, just a figure of speech.
cool-045.GIF

Update:- brain completely frazzled, been on the computer all day transferring dimensions from my templates to CAD.

Then measured the thing and I've drawn the door too long…[emoji22]
time for cider!! [emoji39]

Hinge nylon bushes in, gas struts and fixings in, ally angle in. Just gotta glue it all together. [emoji4]

Last edited:
Drawings done [emoji26], down to the sheet metal works.

Awww yes!!

Two to three weeks for prototype!! [emoji20]

Well it seems the sheet metal shop is going to use my CAD drawings to set their CNC punch via CADCAM. (Gulp!!) Not done this before and expecting all manner of things to go wrong, mainly that I'll get a prototype the size of a pocket handkerchief or something. Still, I have warned them.

Sent off the files today so fingers crossed and we'll see what happens in a couple of weeks as they're snowed under. [emoji53]

Sure all will be fine, and very well done

Well it seems the sheet metal shop is going to use my CAD drawings to set their CNC punch via CADCAM. (Gulp!!) Not done this before and expecting all manner of things to go wrong, mainly that I'll get a prototype the size of a pocket handkerchief or something. Still, I have warned them.

Sent off the files today so fingers crossed and we'll see what happens in a couple of weeks as they're snowed under. [emoji53]
No worries gives more time for Cider eh? :eusa-whistle:

Yep. Two weeks of cider!! That could be enough to scupper further thought process!! I might have to consider this very carefully over a cider. [emoji4]

Sure all will be fine, and very well done

Thanks David. First off will be in 1mm mild steel so I can see where I've gone wrong as the curves are quite complex. Then onto the ally at £60 a sheet!! Still, should get 4 out of a sheet, maybe more out of a bigger sheet.

[emoji6]

Back