Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series recomended spare to carry

landrover pulling a LC got to see the future vid of that:icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

Land rover stuck... landcruiser to the rescue. .. therefore no need for a ground anchor!

Sounds right to me!....:thumbup:

Winch hook to wing mirrors its the strongest part i believe :lol:

Yeah thats what I ve heard Shane.. they have to be careful what terrain they drive on as the chassis twists and the doors don't close right. :think:

on top of what you have mentioned I carry a cv joint too.

in recent years ive driven to Austria, south of france and Norway. lots of high speed driving for hours on end, had to bob rear prop off on the side of a german motor way on the way home from Austria because of a uj.

front wheel bearing needed changing coming back from south of france but got us home. that's it really.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Clive, I should check where the relays are and see whats what!

I shouldn't need a land anchor, that's what I'm taking 3 land rovers for, they have to be useful for something :lol:

Brilliant, yep, the perfect tree substitute :lol:

A spare CV? at £750 for the last CV I had replaced, I'll leave that one as a job for EU recovery! And be a lot lighter on the right foot climbing over rocks (LC 0 - Bomb Hole +1)

BombHole.jpg

Perhaps add some spare wheels studs to the kit. They are relatively small and light weight, but can save the day should they be needed.

Perhaps add some spare wheels studs to the kit. They are relatively small and light weight, but can save the day should they be needed.

:lol: It's not all of us that can shear 24 wheel studs simultaneously, on a rapid start Chris :lol:

Good idea though, they weigh so little and not a big job roadside.

The wheel studs had me thinking...no honest :icon-biggrin: The lower knuckles have a reputation for working loose, never happened to me but I keep a set with me anyway. Something else we do in Spain when off the asphalt, that is water...that is plain water. Many carry spare oil and antifreeze, swap the antifreeze supply for water, if the leak is slight you can use the water, if the leak is bad you have a drinking supply while waiting for rescue.

regards

Dave

All this for a trip to the alps in one of Toyotas best? I'd have packed a phone and credit card and hit the road :D

All this for a trip to the alps in one of Toyotas best? I'd have packed a phone and credit card and hit the road :D

Well, I suppose if you can't fix it for lack of spares a phone and card would be handy.

Hence my original post Mark, #6, I was joking but in a serious sort of way...

spare underpants is a bit too organised Clive, if you turn them inside out you can get a little longer out of them :)

A spare CV? at £750 for the last CV I had replaced, I'll leave that one as a job for EU recovery! And be a lot lighter on the right foot climbing over rocks (LC 0 - Bomb Hole +1)

Last time i did the job it cost me about £70..

spare underpants is a bit too organised Clive, if you turn them inside out you can get a little longer out of them :)

Oh there you go....there is always one.....................lowering the tone and dragging a reputable club full of reputable members through the mud....typical! :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

Back