Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Strongarm dual rear wheel carrier and receiver

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
I'm selling an Australian Strongarm dual rear wheel carrier and receiver soon but wanted to offer it here to members first. To fit an 80 series. If you are interested, make me an offer via PM. I will favour members with more than 10 posts [to avoid runarounds]. Here is the manufacturer . I have their older model. Unit doesn't come with mounting bolts but has the plates. Strongarms are the ones they uses in the mines in Oz. The PO took this one to Cape Town. Agricultural looking but very tough. I'm happy to accept offers via PM. Here's some general guff about it. http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...-wheel-carrier . Oxfordshire pick-up. Yes, it's heavy. :icon-wink: . No fog light. The receiver is one supplied by Overland Cruisers who also serviced the bearings on the carrier. Questions via PM too. The step is quite useful for accessing roofrack.

The bike attachment shown with the receiver is not for sale.

DuxRBUMP2.jpg
DuxRBUMP5.jpg
DuxTOWBAR.jpg
IMG_4667.jpg
IMG_6426.jpg

SOLD. Buyer may be interested in selling the receiver separately. PM me if that is of interest. One person already in the queue.

Hi guys.

I bought this from Simon for my 80. The receiver has gone to someone else.

I'm going a different route now so I won't be needing it. Part of me Is saying just keep it. but the room and money would be better for me than saving it at the min.

Anyone interested feel free to pm me.

thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No worries Karl, always worth a shot. They seem to come up from time to time on this site so i'll keep my eye out. I've got a while before i need it so hopefully something will come up. If not i'll have to re-mortage the house and buy an ARB one!

Hi Nick not seen you in Tesco recently. Everything ok? Any trips planned? How's the Cruiser?

Chris

Hey Chris,

All good here thanks. Yep, we're planning to take the little'uns on a 3 month trip around Scandinavia next year, heading up through Norway into the arctic circle, through Sweden and Finland, and maybe into Russia (dependant on Visa/ access etc). Going to do it in the summer as it will be generally easier and more fun with the boys. Would have loved to do it in winter but I hear its a pretty serious undertaking at that time of the year and with the boys being so young we just dont think it would be fun. I've always wanted to see that part of the world so really looking forward to it. Hence the need for the rear wheel carrier/ double roof tent/ batwing awning etc etc. Good excuse to spend money on stuff.

Also heading down to France in a few months for a week or so for a test run with the boys.

Cruiser is doing good. A bit of a battery drain coming from both batteries which needs to be investigated but other than than she's doing ok.

All good with you? Started planning the next trip yet?

N

Yes, hopefully going to do the Baltic circle with a bit of luck. Got lots of hol booked just need some planning and logistics. Probably won't try to get into Russia this time.

Let me know if I can help with the battery drain. I've had that myself.

Cool so your heading the same way. Would be interested to hear about your plans. Have you been up that way before? I've been reading some posts on here about other peoples trips up there. Sounds really fun.

N

Back