Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A busy day at work

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
So yesterday had quite a busy day 'working' at Rockingham track
Started the day driving the touring car track in the new M2 and the M4 in a very spirited way lol
Got to give the carbon ceramic brakes a good test too
20160614_101956.jpg
20160614_102106.jpg

Got to have a look at the M4gts which is a great bit of kit with factory roll cage, bucket seats, carbon fibre all over and water injection.
20160614_114721.jpg

20160614_115131.jpg

FB_IMG_1466020138229.jpg

Didn't manage pics of the afternoon as we were on the skid pan in M5's and M6's showing ourselves up, then moved to a wet tarmac area with a figure 8 and roundabouts set up using cones to show off our drifting skills in M135i's which BTW are really really bad!!
The pro drivers were excellent and had strong stomachs to put up with everyone ones driving skills

Apart from the service loan car breaking down on me Monday night it was hard work lol​

Nice! :thumbup:

Whats the water injection all about on the M4gts? :think:

It has water injectors in the intake manifold to spray a very fine mist into the inlet to reduce combustion temps, in turn they've got more power out of the engine.

Reactions: Ben
It has water injectors in the intake manifold to spray a very fine mist into the inlet to reduce combustion temps, in turn they've got more power out of the engine.

Steam driven? Whatever next. It'll never catch on you know... :lol:

Sounds like a great time Gary, not at all envious....:whistle:

Cheaper then petrol to run it on :lol: 500bhp steam engine.

It was hard work no fun involved at all :whistle:
I learnt quite a bit, I can't drift and stability control makes you a better driver then you really are lol

It's part of the M accreditation for the retailers, have 1 sales and 1 technical staff member to basically deal with the M power stuff.

Back