Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A nice looking low ish mileage 80 ?

Did you ask the guy when you went to see it what he wanted or would sell on a buy it now?
Yup. Insisted he wanted to see the ebay process through, would take no offers.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nope. I just helped it get more expensive for the guy

:thumbdown: Sorry mate.

You may see the same seller list it again. It may have been a test to see how high it got. If he had a mate bidding it up it may have been his mates bid that's won it

[emoji107] Sorry mate.

You may see the same seller list it again. It may have been a test to see how high it got. If he had a mate bidding it up it may have been his mates bid that's won it
Still got 50 min to go.

I feel I should chime in and say this is nothing to do with me !

And fook me that is getting far too expensive for what in essence is a low mileage 80 with a knackered front diff.

I agree that it will be resisted again, I didn't think it would get past £5k tbh !

I am in the market for an 80 or 90 but not at this sort of ridiculous price !

Hopefully I will show my intentions over the coming weeks as I ask for opinions on different trucks, I've seen what look like nice 90s listed but a quick check on the MOT history shows them to be rust buckets =(

Last edited:
Problem is Jimmy. A buyer will buy something like this with the low milage. Put a diff in for 350 get the paint done on it and the interior sorted and mint it up for around 1000£. Once don't it will go up for 10-12-14 whatever price they put on it. After it sells they will make maybe 3-4k in there pocket.

I don't see that working though, the high priced ones seem to hang about for ages.

At that price it makes sense to buy a 100 series no ?

There was a nice looking one that someone on PH took to Iceland late last year that went for £4.5k, I would have been all over that but didn't have the funds at the time :(

I don't see that working though, the high priced ones seem to hang about for ages.

At that price it makes sense to buy a 100 series no ?

There was a nice looking one that someone on PH took to Iceland late last year that went for £4.5k, I would have been all over that but didn't have the funds at the time :(

i do a hell of a lot with cruisers mate and I've paid a lot more than this is on now for a few 80s. Good ones are few and far between and us who know the 80s will pay the money for the right truck.

100 series....... No. If your looking for a good 80 then why would anyone want a 100? We are all different though. A 100 isn't an 80 regardless wether you can get one cheaper.

I have driven a few 100's manual and auto and they don't float my boat. Now a 105 with the 4.5 petrol now I will trade my 80 for one of them. It's a good job I don't know where Scott keeps wonda.....

Just messing.

Like you say each to their own.

If you swap out the air suspension and don't need the solid axle the a 100 is better no ?

Sure it has more electrics but they aren't some voodoo that are impossible to diagnose and fix :)

I'd rather have an 80 as given what I've seen you can get a decent one for a fair price that is in my budget but things like this one seem to be vastly overpriced tbh.

People have opinions similar to yourself mate. Personally for me I wouldn't run a hundred. I have had a few and ran one aside an 80. With the 80 I can do everything myself i don't need computers etc to sort stuff out.

I get to hear of alot of people have electrical issues with hundreds and they have to chuck big amounts to try and fix them. As I said we are all different.

I feel I should chime in and say this is nothing to do with me !

And fook me that is getting far too expensive for what in essence is a low mileage 80 with a knackered front diff.

I agree that it will be resisted again, I didn't think it would get past £5k tbh !

I am in the market for an 80 or 90 but not at this sort of ridiculous price !

Hopefully I will show my intentions over the coming weeks as I ask for opinions on different trucks, I've seen what look like nice 90s listed but a quick check on the MOT history shows them to be rust buckets =(

£5.5K+ for a 22 year old 4x4 might sound ridiculous but for an 80 series in overall sound condition, maybe not. Taking into account their relative rarity and the demand for them, especially good, ones it's not unusual and if that's what they go for that's what you've got to pay. £1000 to fix a few faults on top of the purchase price sounds a lot and will put off many but to a trader/reseller it's small change if he can turn it round quickly and make £3-4k+. JMO

I know at least 12 people who have paid well over 10k for an 80.

I thought you were going to offer him yours for 4.5k then Towpack :icon-biggrin: ill be first in line though please :icon-biggrin:

Back