Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A real life 'computer says no-o'

yogi

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
This is for real, but you won't believe it.

My other half (Irish) is starting a job in England in a couple of weeks (years contract in NHS), to do this, despite never having been in the UK in her life, she had to complete a police check (Disclosure and Barring Service) for a UK criminal record, before being allowed to see clients.

Forms filled out,posted to the address and waited the required time for the result to come back..... And then waited another week!!!

A couple of unanswered emails later she rang them. This is the conversation, more or less word perfect. Its hard to believe, but yes I really listened to this a couple of days ago.
them; 'oh yes that was posted two weeks ago did you not get it?'
her; 'clearly not, or I wouldn't be ringing you'
them 'oh! that was posted to a different address, the wrong one'
her; 'ok, can you send me another copy please?'
them; 'no!!!'
her; 'why not?'
them; 'we have to have an internal inquiry that takes 10 days to see if it was our fault or yours that we posted it to the wrong address. once the inquiry has concluded, if we are deemed at fault, only then can we issue a copy!!'

All that instead of printing out a new one, putting a stamp on it and posting it. What happened to common sense exactly. It seems rather unlikely that a healthcare professional with 2 degrees couldn't write their own address on a form (my other half)

AND to add insult to injury,on a second call today they admitted they knew WHERE it had been sent, but 'couldn't disclose that information', so her personal details are out there floating around somewhere which is always nice in these days of identity theft!!:angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

Quote the Data Protection Act - they're currently in breach and need to make every effort to recover the docs - and prove it :)

Quote the Data Protection Act - they're currently in breach and need to make every effort to recover the docs - and prove it :)

Now that is interesting, could be worth another phone call.

Thanks Gary

They broke the law by sharing her personal info , now they have to work out how to brush it under the carpet , tell the mrs to phone again tomorrow and tell them in no uncertain terms that she will have a solicitor issue a formal written complaint if she doesn't have a copy of the letter before the end of the week . I bet she gets it .

thats a fucking disgrace, imagine if there was something on it, something sensitive. shambolic, disgusting, but not altogether surprising:doh:

wouldnt it have been sent out 'recorded' delivery or something? Useless bunch of overpaid burks!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
wouldnt it have been sent out 'recorded' delivery or something? Useless bunch of overpaid burks!

I suspect the latter Steve :icon-rolleyes:

But there's no excuses these days, if the system requires such information, the system should be in place to prevent this type of cock-up.

Agreed its a disgrace, and they should be brought to book. Make a fuss yogi, the law is on your side here.

Back