Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A special car has arrived here !!!...

Garage
-and I have a lot of questions for you guys ;-)

As an introduction we might see the VIN number and move on from there :icon-twisted: ...

DSC_0393.jpg

hmm...lets see who is fast......good luck guys!

I will reveal some more afterwards :shock:

Gr Lars

Nice, makes driving a bit more fun I think and much better control for towing :icon-biggrin:

It's this, then:

Market
Europe
Year
08/2002
Make
TOYOTA
Model
LAND CRUISER
Frame
HDJ100
Vehicle characteristics
GRADE:VX:VX TYPE
DESTINATION:EUR:EUROPE
DRIVER'S POSITION:LHD:LEFT-HAND DRIVE
ENGINE:1HDFTE:4200CC DIESEL TURBO
TRANSMISSION:MTM:MANUAL TRANSMISSION
GEAR SHIFT TYPE:5F:MTM, 5-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT

:lol:

you could just read the gearbox code on the VIN plate, bit of a give away :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You are kind of on the right track all of you....no towing hicth though Jon ;-)

I call the model a "Combat Convertible" ....but she lost a lot weight and is definately not protective in any way :wtf:

This is her better angle................

Hrmf!!...not able to upload another image?.....but yes, it "was" a B6 once.....So who can tell anything about those yellow torsion bars and very thick springs in the back. She is fitted with AHC and rated to about 4,2 Ton

Hi Lars,
You need a bigger flash on that camera. :lol:

Looks like a rolling chassis with bonnet and front wings.
Ready to start building.

Yes it is a rolling chassis but I am not sure it is going to be rebuild though! Recircled is more likely ;-)

It was bought from a military auktion some 4 years ago. How long it has been a "convertible" I dont know. It has only 73.000 km and many parts look fine. Since it was a B6 armoured vehicle some parts are different -and it is kind of interesting looking around and find some things that look different from mine :icon-ugeek:...

The obvious are the suspension parts:

The coils are not 11mm but 16mm thick and the torsion bars are not 28mm but 32mm

DSC_0396.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0395.jpg
    DSC_0395.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 126
I hope you are satisfied with the pictures Chas :icon-cool: ....

I found this "thing" -in the left side towards the torpedo. Looks like a minature brake cylinder....but!...what is it really ???

The front is armoured with 6mm "ballistic steel"...

this image is between inner and outer wing....

DSC_0401.jpg

this image is the door sill....

DSC_0402.jpg

I hope you are satisfied with the pictures Chas :icon-cool: ....

I found this "thing" -in the left side towards the torpedo. Looks like a minature brake cylinder....but!...what is it really ???

:thumbup: Pictures are good now, but the picture of the 'thing' isn't showing :think:

Lars, looks very interesting!
Are you after all the bits yourself or are you interested in selling some off?

Are you having a joke with us Lars? Looks like the clutch master cylinder :icon-wink:

ehm yeah Jon, I'm just pulling a joke :oops:.....kind of forgot about the manual box. Just focusing on what looks different from mine....hmm, jokes on me then!

It was kind of an impulsive buy Julian....what are you looking for? (remember bits and spares are way more expensive here in DK)

Back