Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A worthy Land Rover

Philip A

A friend of mine applied a good dose of technical wisdom to the LR conundrum...

LR-1HDT.jpg

How far did the transplant go Phil?? Axles & everything??

Gav Peter said:
How far did the transplant go Phil?? Axles & everything??

Gearbox and propshafts came in with the engine. Axles are Disco. The engine got an in-house tweaking, and there is a waste-gate control lever on the dash... At full boost, this thing has over 200 horses.

They won the 4x4 Chimp Challenge in Uganda 3 years in a row...!

I like that!

I also want to understand the benefits of having a wastegate control.

More pictures would be great

spackrackman said:
I like that! I also want to understand the benefits of having a wastegate control.
More pictures would be great
A waste-gate control lever on the dash would allow extra boost when needed rather than having it high all the time and so overstraining the engine, . . . I think :confusion-confused: , . . . :banana-gotpics:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok makes sense. When I finish installing mine on the 40 I am going to have a play with the best setup. It's so basic it just has a vacuum device(don't know technical term) connected to a bar that open and shuts the gate that takes it pressure from the inlet just after the turbo. I think as the vacuum builds it keeps it shut tight, when you let off the accelerator it pops open momentarily then is shut again. So i could have manual control but as the injector pump will have to be turned up to throw in more fuel, it's going to get confused if sometimes the waste gate is left open. Ramble ramble, honestly it makes sense in my head!

Back