Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aa442F, A440 auto woes !! (once again)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
snowdonia area got a fair bit last night 150mm in places and roads blocked near capel curig and I have the bloody car over and not the truck!

Sitting here in 6" of snow above Dunblane
Got here at 11.30 last night and slid straight into a ditch so at least I've used my winch at last
Minus 9 but cozy in the roof tent under the duvet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turned out to be the driest day we have had here for months :icon-rolleyes:

We're promised 70 kph winds, and heavy snow overnight tonight, maybe there'll be some photos tomorrow!

Hope so.

Wish I was there ! Bloody hell, it must be awesome to spend time in a roof tent in the snow !! all the snow gone here :( I was hoping to get my truck finished this winter but I been to busy with work so I guess unless I pull my finger out I have to wait till next year !!. got any pics ??
Sitting here in 6" of snow above Dunblane
Got here at 11.30 last night and slid straight into a ditch so at least I've used my winch at last
Minus 9 but cozy in the roof tent under the duvet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mate I simply cannot believe how warm I was. Not like just barely tolerable but actually too hot at times. Mental. Opening the window flap occasionally looking out onto a moonlight, snow covered forest is pretty special. Only issue is that unless you put up some kind of shelter there's really nowhere to go. There's no 'indoors' as it were. It wasn't cold with all my gear on, but all we could do was sit on the tailgate, smoke, drink, eat and talk about when it was time for bed.

Sounds mint. Me and a mate whose got a surf allways kept meaning to drive up to scotland when the forcast had given really bad snow. The plan was keep driving until we got stuck then set up the roof tents. As ever we never got round to it. Now hes emigrated to canada with the surf and does plenty of snowy camping..

Couldt you have got a fire going and sat round that? Or was it blowing a bit?

Actually had my collapsible fire pit and a bag of charcoal with me, but A we weren't cold and B it would have just meant sitting around longer when we could have gone to bed. I can't stress just how comfy and cosy bed was.

Back