Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Alarms ...satelite tracking......or what?

Hi Guys & Gals,

Need advice please.

Bought the Cruiser with an Toyota Factory Alarm installed - don't have the keyfobs thus can't activate it.

Been told that if I remove both batteries the immobilisers might kick in an I won't be able to start the bad boy again.

Any advice?
What do I need to look for?
What can I disconnect?
What should I fit afterwards?

Any help appreciated!!! :thumbup:

Whereabouts in the UK are you GDS? You need to book an appointment with Doctors Dave & Wester to have all that claptrap removed like they did for Jonnie in a vay snowy mid Wales on one of our outings when he lost his keys :doh:

Or at least drop him a PM as he/they will be able to offer some [strike:3nf1yz04]wise[/strike:3nf1yz04] words to assist you in doiing so if thats what you want to do :cool:

Cheers

Ah, if it is a TVSS 3 you don't want to disconnect both batteries if you don't have a working remote. I found this out at midnight when I was fitting my HID kit before a trip to France the following day. My neighbours loved it! I suspected that the alarm might go off and warned my mate Pete not to disconnect the battery, but it was midnight and Pete likes his beers... Anyway, the TVSS 3 will not immobilise the truck, but it will make the doors trigger the alarm every time you open one. And then the only way to turn it off is to turn the ignition on, which is tricky if you don't want to leave the keys in the truck while you go and get some sleep in the house. After hastily re-reading all the threads I had bookmarked on alarms, and trying to pair the fob I got on ebay, the only course of action was to remove the alarm unit. This is surprisingly easy. PM me and I'll tell you how we did it.

Yep, after Karl and Daves Guidance, I easily removed the alarm system(meta alarm) and now I am just waiting for someone to read this thread, find out where I live and take it from me! All I need to do now is to refit some sort of central locking relay and fob. If I had thought about it at the time, I should have left my alarm in, taken out the engine imob bits and left it in for the doors. But hey ho it was a good learning curve as you always had the fear that it may never run again. (was easy really)

Jonnie

Back