Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anderson plug

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
fitted an "Anderson Plug" today .... they are bigger than i expected them to be.

SANY000515.jpg

SANY000613.jpg

Hi Red,

That looks rather a high capacity one.
Looks far in excess for the size cables you have used.
There are many smaller ones, and esp. without the handle.
I got this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/175-AMP-ANDERSON- ... 20ba6a2fc1
I also think in hind sight, it was a bit big, but SB175 is current capacity, ie 175 Amps. and this is the available capacity through the front mounted fuse.

G.

the jump cables are rated up to 350 amps ..... the anderson plug is rated the same
thought that was being sensible to have the same ratings for both.

I've got the same arrangement on my winch bumper, the 350a would be the maximum, but the cables would only be carrying that current for a short time when you are jump starting so smaller ones would probably be OK, IIRC I used 175a Anderson sockets which are smaller.

look does it matter which thing he has he is happy with it as it is. and i bought this thing for him in the first place :x

No Anna, it doesn't matter at all, and I think it's very kind of you to buy it for him :happy-sunny:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And I was only saying that I had a 175 Amp plug,,,,

Graham

Annamarie said:
look does it matter which thing he has he is happy with it as it is. and i bought this thing for him in the first place :x

But at least you can say he has a big one ! :thumbup:

lucky lad :shock: :shock: , I had one but it was too small it went black on the end where it came into contact with the female bit

I wish my wife would buy me stuff for my truck!

Have to buy it myself instead......

jeepmadmike said:
I wish my wife would buy me stuff for my truck! Have to buy it myself instead......
Yeah, me too, when I asked her, not unreasonably I thought, :think: to pay for my new Nat Luna for my birthday, she said "But that's not till October" :snooty: she didn't agree when I said "That's just a minor detail" Women? I don't know :roll:

jeepmadmike said:
I wish my wife would buy me stuff for my truck!

Have to buy it myself instead......

And then mine will say we can't afford it, haven't got the money......or the one that really gets me....how are you going to pay for that then?... :?

Back