Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another 80 Radiator question

Bob/Frank, any chance you two can get a room..... talking about BL schite on a LC forum is bad enough, but to infest the 80 section with it is a travesty :o ;)

He's too far away.

Frank
P.S. You aren't jealous are you by having been born too late?

frank rabbets said:
He's too far away.
I meant a virtual room.... i.e PM each other :thumbup:

frank rabbets said:
Frank
P.S. You aren't jealous are you by having been born too late?
I'm not that far behind you... you were just leaving school when I arrived :D

Bat21 said:
Talking about BL schite on a LC forum is bad enough, but to infest the 80 section with it is a travesty :o ;)

And there was me thinking that it would make you feel better about your old trucks :lol:

Bob.

How did you go Paul, did a 3 core rad turn up and if so what was the final cost?

Charlie said:
How did you go Paul, did a 3 core rad turn up and if so what was the final cost?
The new guy I was chatting to is on holiday until tomorrow... I will give him chance to settle back in and order it later in the week.

I will let you know the result :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bat21 said:
Charlie said:
The new guy I was chatting to is on holiday until tomorrow... I will give him chance to settle back in and order it later in the week.

I will let you know the result :thumbup:

OK, thanks. Its just I’m thinking of changing the radiator in my truck before I go to Morocco, just as a precaution as it’s still the original.

Sorry for the delay Charlie, picked up the new Toyota rad today.

i-dXFjggK-L.jpg

You can only see two cores in the photos but, it is certainly 3 core:-
i-SKzHLHW-L.jpg

i-fnZC7p8-L.jpg

The price should be £345.40 +VAT plus a £50 surcharge on the old rad.

As I was going to offer the old single core rad up here I wanted to keep it. It is only 15 months old and will be fine for anyone here who is not planning to venture into Africa.

So the guy at the dealers gave me a 15% discount instead..... so final cost inc VAT was £412.31.

I've just bought a Daimler Dart radiator exchange for a friend. £330 + £200 surcharge for old one. This from the Daimler parts people that own the name. Guess what?................Total load of rubbish. Like a corkscrew, too wide to go into the aperture and bracket hole centres wrong. And then they tried to tell me all the cars were slightly different........so I threw the phone down, got in the LC and took it back. Kids trying to tell me where to get off. They wouldn't know the difference between a wiper blade and a gearbox.

The moral is go to the main dealer but with the Daimler there is no choice as all the original parts are gone so you have to deal with dunces.

Frank

Bat21 said:
Sorry for the delay Charlie, picked up the new Toyota rad today.

i-dXFjggK-L.jpg

You can only see two cores in the photos but, it is certainly 3 core:-
i-SKzHLHW-L.jpg

i-fnZC7p8-L.jpg

The price should be £345.40 +VAT plus a £50 surcharge on the old rad.

As I was going to offer the old single core rad up here I wanted to keep it. It is only 15 months old and will be fine for anyone here who is not planning to venture into Africa.

So the guy at the dealers gave me a 15% discount instead..... so final cost inc VAT was £412.31.

Paul,

I managed to purchase a 3 core metal ended radiator from Footloose, the very last one they had in stock. Cost £395 + VAT.

Back