Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another Derbyshire 80 rear winch bumper build!

Hi Karl, the spare wheel seems to be happy where it is, ie strapped down inside so not hanging it on the back, there's pro's and
con's we know :think:
Didn't progress at all today so job will run into another wk.end, need it all done now.
Cheers Chris S.

:shock: It's quite possible that this little bumper project has sent me completely barking mad? even the top engineers
at work have been temporarily puzzled by some of my daft questions, but sometimes the right answers come back and
suddenly what was a stumbling block simply disappears.
Can anyone guess where this is heading?
moremadness003.jpg

Any guesses welcomed whether educated and informed, stabs in the dark, crazy or stupid suggestions, anything?
Or just :shifty:
Cheers Chris S. :confusion-helpsign:

Karl a cage to put me in maybe? erm noo not a cage but well done anyway :thumbup:
C.S.

Chris I didn't think of those but no again, simply wouldn't supply enough lift due all the lumps of steel that got dragged
from the scrap bin and welded onto the back end of the truck. :thumbup:
C.S.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wheel arch protectors?

Hi Chas that's yet another thing I've not considered but may become the umpteenth design change ;)
Thanks but not there yet :)
Cheers Chris S.

Hi Jon, that is something that wasn't expected but certainly shows you guys are thinking, and it's not anything to do
with body mods as such, it's clue time really but I'm enjoying this :thumbup:
Jon thanks but still a noo.
Cheers Chris S. ;)

Ha ha not laughed out loud for ages but that was so funny :clap: :D hello Mr Prince, when I took the pic I thought this looks
odd with no truck in here, am still laughing now.
The responces to this have been brilliant and thanks for those, and all will be revealed Fri. eve. although probably could be
an anticlimax?
The wing idea was good;
madmaxdaytona.png

and cutting the arches for tyre clearance, another good one;
militarytyres.jpg

:D OK these side plates are 8mm thick and too heavy so going to...........

Hello again, thanks to those who came up with suggestions for why I stuck the tape to that rear corner bumper,
as usual I was making things 10 times harder than they should be by deciding to lighten the 8mm thick plate by cutting
a hole in it!
Now apparently the 'thing' should look correct if the cut lines all intersect at a certain point, hence the tape :shock:
morebumpics001.jpg

Then a wierd shaped hole appeared so it got bolted on;
morebumpics003.jpg

morebumpics002.jpg

I'm still not sure about how it looks and the scrap bin is a mere 6' away :doh: and sorry to disappoint those expecting more
than a hole :lol:
Did spend some time faffing with a free spool linkage (to avoid a hole in the floor) so even more bits being cobbled
together, the Daimler fleetline double decker gearshift cable now has an aero spec. spherical joint on the end of it;
morebumpics004.jpg

I think it looked better before the hole was cut, will it not get filled with mud when offroading :?:

only my opinion of course :D and not having a dig at your work.

Joe

Hi 'Silvercruiser' you could be so right about it looking better before the hole and it wouldn't take 10 mins. to weld the peice
back in, would also save time cutting the other side out. :)
As soon as it went on it looked odd and I'm more than happy to receive any comments either way so thanks SC :thumbup:
Now where's that kettle? looks a bit fresh out there..
Cheers Chris S.

Hi Chris ,I think that the 3 holes (decreasing in size) may have looked better ,you could just draw them on first to see what they look like before going mad cutting and in your mind!I might pop up this afternoon if your in.

Hi Wayne, 3 holes sounds like fun :animals-frog: and yes in all pm now doing freespool so can then bolt winch in and wire up etc
Cheers C.

Ahh some progress, Wayne80 came round to test the kettle and we mucked in on the winch freespool linkage until it became
finished :clap:
bumpics11010.jpg

It took a bit of trial and error but nice a simple in the end;
bumpics11011.jpg

bumpics11012.jpg

Works well, thanks Wayne
Chris S.

It's all very nice, but weren't you supposed to be working on MY truck? :roll:

C

Back