Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another, what is it worth thread………..

Let's be realistic, in the current market the base vehicle to start you going is going to be £6k off the bat. 24v tidy, low mileage, well maintained 97 plate. OK an older tidy 12v auto is going to be around £4.5k perhaps. But in both instances I am talking about ultra tidy. Not a shed.

The difficulty is that it's always hard to realise what the extras and accessories are worth. What something is worth and what someone is prepared to pay is so often a world apart. I have seen people pass up on something like this and then spend more than double having exactly the same thing built from scratch. I think its a great truck, genuinely, but I want to build my own, because I can and I enjoy it. For anyone with the desire to travel but not a clue on how to hit a nail straight it's an absolute gift at virtually any price. And in the proper climate should be selling for much more than has already been suggested in my view. Just needs a good marketing job and the right customer

Chris

Theres a way of hitting nails so they go in straight?

You're quite right Chris. Really good trucks (of whatever series) seem to be getting fewer, I guess its the age of them now, a 1997 truck is still 16 years old etc.

I reckon the other thing they have in their favour at that age is that yer less-than average mechanic (ie me....) can still work on them with the right guidance, whereas the next generation seems to have gone beyond that.

Makes it an attractive truck to many.

Pete

Back