Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone got a spare 4.5 petrol engine laying around??

CARROT CRUNCHER

Country Flag
uk
It is with great sadness that I commit to the airwaves the fact that my truck has died.................unless of course anyone on here has 4.5 petrol engine for my 96 80 series. This truck has never let me down in 10 years, not once, and now just like a good horse that runs its heart out my truck has blown a hole in a cylinder (probably LPG induced), I have done 100k with it in that 10 years and the last thing I want is to send it for scrap, its too young (only 20) and strong to die. if anyone can help me resurrect my trusty old friend I would be much obliged.

Very very sad man signing off :icon-cry::icon-cry::icon-cry:

Hi.
May be worth dropping me a pm.
Always worth keeping them on the road if it's worth doing it. The cost for a petrol lump would definitely be worth sorting yours out.

Last edited:
What's the rest of the cruiser like as I am looking for a project with no engine.

Thats what I was thinking with a space frame body.

If I blow the 4.5 it's getting a v8 dropped in

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Definitely mate. Possibly a super charged one...

I have always been tempted for a Cummins 6BT out of a daf truck if I ever succeed in destroying the engine in my truck.
If they can be shoe horned into a defender I am sure one would fit a 80.

Remembered this video on YT

Last edited:
Hi.I'm sure that if nobody on here can help then garry at 80 breakers definitely has some good low mileage 4.5 lumps complete. Not a fortune either I would imagine.

Not far from you either depending where abouts in Suffolk you are.he s located at wisbech Cambridgeshire.

Thanks for all feedack! STUMOG: truck in great condition, no rust and I mean no rust, kenwood multimedia centre with satnav maps updated 17 months ago, there are pics of it somewhere on here in a post of mine. Ideally I want to get it running again so selling is only a final option for me. GAV: you mentioned 80 breakers in Wisbech do you have a current contact number for them as the one I have come up with is unrecognised. KARL: I will pm you when I work out how to, I am from Suffolk and a bit slow. I want to stick with the straight 6 as I like the engine and a straight swap out would be simpler as I going to have to get a garage to do it as I am a mechanical numpty:icon-exclaim:

PMs (personal messages) come up on 'Notifications' Centre tab of the menu top right hand corner (if you didn't know)...:thumbup: Good luck with your search for a heart transplant...

Hi Gav
I have sent you a pm with a query I hope you have an answer for, thanks in advance. mate.
Hi.I'm sure that if nobody on here can help then garry at 80 breakers definitely has some good low mileage 4.5 lumps complete. Not a fortune either I would imagine.

Good. Hope you get sorted soon and for as few beer vouchers as possible. Good luck mate

4.5 petrol engine

Hi Dave
Thanks for the ebay link I had struggled to find him on there, all seems good and he has a supposedly good engine, I will have to take the leap of faith on this but I have had good feedback from other members too so hopefully all will be ok.
Garry is on ebay IIRC, something like GARRYBREAKER80¿

EDIT: There you go, but try Karl first FWIW.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LA...8454956?hash=item236468f32c:g:2aQAAOSwv9hW3xA~

regards

Dave

Back