Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone know this 80 series (Blackburn)

Jamsy

Country Flag
scotland
Im thinking about buying this 80 series. Just wondered if anyone on the forum knew it?
Its in Blackburn (4 hours away from me) so thought I'd check here first.

Mot history says it had a couple of advisories at the last mot:
  • Body has slight corrosion underbody (6.1.b.2)
  • Oil leak ()
Its done about 143k which looks genuine going by the mot history.
Any thoughts/tips before I head down? (Ive read the buying advice thread at the top of this page).

IMG_7588.JPG

It looks well presented but as with most things this age you just need to go and look at it. $hours isn't that much considering I had several wasted trips from Ireland before I stumbled on my current cruiser. If you want it get up early and go spend hours poking around and testing it. I avoided anything with rust because it can be a can of worms but something minor shouldn't put you off and may get you a bargain...

Blackburn is all of 30 minutes from me, I think I recognise the sliders and some of the fab work, are the sliders welded in to the body or bolt on?

Last edited:
Yeah I suppose its not too far when you compare it to travelling from Ireland, where about are you? Im over a few times a year. We have a new born baby so time to get away is limited at the moment.

Not sure about the sliders Tommy, it wasn't easy to communicate with the seller! I might try to give him a ring again later today. Think he might be a trader.

Just phoned the guy there, apparently he went on holiday and when he got home his brother had sold it. Feck! Seemed good at £6500. 143k and FSH

Back