Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto Gearbox Oil Flow

Well it's a plan!

I will post updates as we go along, just not keen on keep taking sump down, and I have been warned about a total flush, that can cause more problems I am told, so do it the Graham way

I do have another gearbox I bought, ... just in case

I will post updates as we go along, just not keen on keep taking sump down, and I have been warned about a total flush, that can cause more problems I am told, so do it the Graham way

I do have another gearbox I bought, ... just in case
I'm about to fit a trans cooler (had same hose issues you had) and replace the box filter and fluid so am contemplating your fix! Tempted to run 5ltrs through the box and out without filter fitted to give it a flush.

I'm about to fit a trans cooler (had same hose issues you had) and replace the box filter and fluid so am contemplating your fix! Tempted to run 5ltrs through the box and out without filter fitted to give it a flush.

I thinks thats what I did wrong, I did not flush it, but everyone here says dont do it, as it causes more problems

I have another problem now,. won't go into top gear and if on the rare occasion it does, (at high revs 3,000 ) it then looses drive about a second later

I have another box here, so I am going to fit that, if that does not work, I will take it to bits and sell the parts, fed up with it now

Let me know how you get on, you might need a flushing agent

I thinks thats what I did wrong, I did not flush it, but everyone here says dont do it, as it causes more problems

I have another problem now,. won't go into top gear and if on the rare occasion it does, (at high revs 3,000 ) it then looses drive about a second later

I have another box here, so I am going to fit that, if that does not work, I will take it to bits and sell the parts, fed up with it now

Let me know how you get on, you might need a flushing agent

I'd put money on debris/dirt being lodged in the valve body. I'd have the sump off, filter out, valve body out and soak it in muck-off or similar. Then clean it out with the hose and back in a bath of fresh ATF suspended above the bottom of the bath for a few days so it can really flush out. The slam it back together, new ATF see what happens.

I'd put money on debris/dirt being lodged in the valve body. I'd have the sump off, filter out, valve body out and soak it in muck-off or similar. Then clean it out with the hose and back in a bath of fresh ATF suspended above the bottom of the bath for a few days so it can really flush out. The slam it back together, new ATF see what happens.

I will try that first, but I am getting to the end of my patience with this, so much so I have bought a P38 because the Cruiser keeps breaking down, sorry did i swear there

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I will try that first, but I am getting to the end of my patience with this, so much so I have bought a P38 because the Cruiser keeps breaking down, sorry did i swear there

how do I get all the crap out of the torque converter, does it all pump round the whole system in a flush ?

how do I get all the crap out of the torque converter, does it all pump round the whole system in a flush ?
As far as I know it should all flush if you flush through with ATF. I'll be amazed if it isn't debris in the valve body - wait until you get it out and you'll see why I think it's that... just check out how many valves and fluid pathways there are!

As far as I know it should all flush if you flush through with ATF. I'll be amazed if it isn't debris in the valve body - wait until you get it out and you'll see why I think it's that... just check out how many valves and fluid pathways there are!

I must admit I did a BASIL FAWLTY on it, threatened it if it did not sort its self out this time, it was heading for the scrap heap ha ha good job I did not have a branch handy the trash it ;)

I must admit I did a BASIL FAWLTY on it, threatened it if it did not sort its self out this time, it was heading for the scrap heap ha ha good job I did not have a branch handy the trash it ;)
We've all been there.. Honestly take a look at my build thread buddy. You got nowt to worry about

Re the long saga of the gearbox problem, I have now fitted a recon gearbox and its as smooth at a you know what problem sorted. thanks to all that helped.

And, just a note, this car is 24 years old this year, and saild through thye MOT with 1 adevisory for a steering rack bush,

Very Happy Bunny now
;)

Back