Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back pain caused by driving

thats a shame, they don't look particularly wide, what was the problem?
I know the ones in my 60 aren't flat mounted so I'm going to have to get some new brackets mounted up as the originals are mounted centrally by a bracket on the transmission tunnel. I was looking at manual though if that makes a difference. If they were manwell then I would think about those myself.

don't suppose these will fit either then:cry:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maserati-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f3b35ebb5

thats a shame, they don't look particularly wide, what was the problem?
I know the ones in my 60 aren't flat mounted so I'm going to have to get some new brackets mounted up as the originals are mounted centrally by a bracket on the transmission tunnel. I was looking at manual though if that makes a difference. If they were manwell then I would think about those myself.

don't suppose these will fit either then:cry:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maserati-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f3b35ebb5

The SAAB seats need to be mounted on a flat floor, brackets could have been made for the Toyo mounting points but that would have made the SAAB seats much too high.
sad-012.gif

ah right, said that in post 32 (about the flat floor) the 60 has enough height for brackets to be made (I hope) but I guess either the 80 is lower or your taller!

I think you'll find most seats are flat floor mounts

Being of knackered back and dodgy hips (c/o rugby and bike injuries) I fitted my Recaro seat to the 95 - best thing I ever did. 3 solid days at the wheel and all was still well.

Unfortunately for Richard, I put the standard seat back in when I sold it. :lol:

Yeah still not happy about that Drew!! :eusa-naughty: lol

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Doodle could you post a pic of your bucket seat brackets please , the ones i've seen don't impress me and i can't find any to fit the 90 anyway so it seems likely i will have to fabricate something or take the easy route and butcher the Toyota seats .

Still having back problems though our 5000 mile in a fortnight to Romania and back trip reveals for sure it's not Toyota seats that cause it but after visiting doctors and hospital and about 5 different private chiropractors as well as spending days , weeks , months occasionally trawling the web for ideas that may help i've had a eureka moment that i feel should be shared .

It' all about posture psoas lumber blah blah blah so stick some spacers under the rear legs of your drivers seat and it translates all the jargon into a healthier seating/driving position for tuppence .

Still having back problems though our 5000 mile in a fortnight to Romania and back trip.

My back is still playing up too, I did over 4000 miles in 15 days, that equates to almost 100,000 miles a year. No wonder my back is knackered.

Not to mention that the pair of you were involved in a shunt.

I put my back out when I was 17 and driving used to kill it until I got my driving position right…and found someone to put right what was wrong in my back.

Generally, my experience has shown that doctors will just give out anti inflammatories, anything else involves physiotherapy which usually doesn't work or aggravates things, then it's surgery. Ever come across anyone who's had back surgery who's said 'fantastic, worked for me'?

Your back gets used to whatever has moved or been trapped and gets aggravated if it's supported or moved in anyway different.

I've tried a lot of things and found what works for me. A harder mattress was making mine worse. Got a softer but still supportive one now and my back needs less attention from my back lady but I still go for maintenance. PM me if you want to know more.

My problems result from a pretty serious bike crash Starcruiser leg was smashed and then a butcher surgeon spent a year making absolutely sure nobody could repair it , so i'm basically running with my tracking way out of kilter and the parts to put it right have been surgically removed .

It may interest you that i had largely given up on the chiropractor people accepting each offered me a monthly appointment because they are as motivated by business as they are by healing until a mate gave me a number for one in particular who by doing all the things the others had attempted to do (dislocate hips and that type of thing) made me aware the others were all rubbish . A proper flower power child of the 60's she works at home . Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately she is 500 miles from me so on my third visit i said do what you can because you won't see me for another year at least and i'll be damned if she didn't give me about 6 months pain free until the unavoidable and inevitable tracking problem made itself known again .

Hmm, yes that sort of thing does play havoc and it's not the sort of thing you think of until it's all done and you're on the other side coping with it.

There's a thread on here somewhere about lower ball joint replacement that might help…[emoji6]

Hmm, yes that sort of thing does play havoc and it's not the sort of thing you think of until it's all done and you're on the other side coping with it.

There's a thread on here somewhere about lower ball joint replacement that might help…[emoji6]

IIRC, Shayne's just had them done Richard... :laughing-rolling: :shock:

And still trying to talk Helen into greasing them for me :icon-biggrin:

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

WD40 capsules…!!

Back