Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back pain caused by driving

Wow i just checked out the Bride website and not really knowing what i would need just yet i figured about 15000 yen should get the lot and google converter makes that about 87 quid !?!

To quote Martin Clunes whiles appearing on top gear Moggy "the trouble is i haven't got a Recaro arse" :laughing-rolling:

To quote Martin Clunes whiles appearing on top gear Moggy "the trouble is i haven't got a Recaro arse" :laughing-rolling:

:laughing-rolling:

If your looking at seats at that price I reckon you made a mistake there matey, at least left a zero off!

It'll be the RO seat rail for Recaro mounting. Japan price circa £100 a rail, plus shipping and tax. I sourced mine via Matt @ Injection Imports.

To quote Martin Clunes whiles appearing on top gear Moggy "the trouble is i haven't got a Recaro arse"

Yep, the bolsters on ones like these are much more aggressive than the Evo ones - you end up perched above the seat squab, wedged in by your thighs!

recaro red.jpg

Last edited:
No seat i was on the bracket page height adjust - sliders etc are all listed as separate items .

No seat i was on the bracket page height adjust - sliders etc are all listed as separate items .

ah right, yeh, had a look at them, didn't look too bad actually. All their prices are pretty good compared to recaro, might be a bit of benefit of exchange rates?

would a mix and match work alright then, their mounts with recaro seats?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've just collected two SAAB black leather front seats, fully electric, eBay of course, £100 or best offer, got them for £80. Hopefully will help my bad back. :pray:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/saab-leat...5jMfJVdm0E4mtF4F9BNiE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Chas what model are they out of? Or does it matter?

My drivers seat is a bit rough (previous owner shopped in the large and tall section) and I have been debating what to do with it. Herself who is quite small and thin doesn't find either seat comfortable (and requires a booster cushion to drive:laughing-rolling:)

Chas what model are they out of? Or does it matter?

My drivers seat is a bit rough (previous owner shopped in the large and tall section) and I have been debating what to do with it. Herself who is quite small and thin doesn't find either seat comfortable (and requires a booster cushion to drive:laughing-rolling:)

does she have to strap wood blocks to her feet as well:laughing-rolling:

I have had my back rebuilt 3 times since 1990 and at the time we bought the first of our Holden commodore cars which we had until 2001 and my back got worse and worse then I went looking for something easy to get in and out of and as a result got our land cruiser prado which is great for seating position and comfort.I have been looking at the 70 series that you have in the UK and can't understand why you would have any seat but a genuine toyota one or have you got different seats over there.I watch top gear and saw the Martin Clunes episode and agree that we all have different shaped backsides,but I wonder if recarro will do the trick.i do hope your back comes right,I get on my Exercycle for about 5 minutes every morning to mobilise all the old joints and it helps

I don't get on with bucket type seats from small Japanese cars; wife's parents had a Suzuki Swift that I couldn't sit in the front of as by back/shoulders were too big to fit between the side bolsters!

Definitely have a look for Volvo seats, and as someone else has mentioned SAAB's are good as well (older SAAB's probably more so, before GM got hold of them too much...) also have a look for Mercedes; they tend to be a bit firmer than the Volvo seats (which wear in nicely over time) With the Volvo ones check whether they have side airbags or not; I'm not sure if this is an issue on the others in all honesty...

I find the ability to angle the squab makes a difference for me, offers more support to my legs over longer journeys. The inability to do that is the only issue I have with my 4Runner (beyond the current lack of exhaust) for longer journeys; I'd love some different seats but it's got the potential of being a pig of a job in Australia.

attachment.php

These would be no good to me as my left leg does most of the work while getting in and out of my truck , i'd be buggered without the side step . But whilst browsing ebay it did cross my mind that aftermarket seats similar to above would likely weigh about a third of my standard seats which would be a bonus . Found a pair a knackered Recaro so phoned for a blind quote to get them recovered in leather , ballpark 500 quid he said send me some pics . That's 2 effectively 2 brand new Recaro seats for a third of the price of one seat bought new from a shop .

Last edited:
Yes, trying to get over those side bolsters is a nightmare, and they start to wear real quick if they're being squashed every time. Thankfully the "Sport" model has flatter bolsters.

The Recaros are massively lighter - I can lift the one I have with 2 fingers, with the seat rail still fitted.

Might give these a go http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-PVC-LEATHER-EFF-RECLINING-BUCKET-CAR-SEATS-FOR-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-/370838318676?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5657afae54

No i won't they have red stitching , i've set myself off on a wild goose chase here looking for lightweight supportive seats in black , pvc or leather makes no difference to me but i don't want go faster stripes or stitching !

These are winning at the mo http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/sparco-r100-vinyl-sport-seat/prod_2601.html , i've seen some nice c class merc seats that i like but i'm inclined to think an aftermarket seat should be easier to fit ?

Last edited:
No heavy lifting so it must be the seats - i moved the trailer a few times on Sunday and i'm in agony again :wtf: I don't use the jockey wheel so today i dropped the hitch on a bathroom scale - 12 stone , standing on 1 leg using 1 hand :doh:and new seats should arrive today ............ they are cool though :whistle:

A thing of beauty is a joy forever

:icon-rolleyes: I'll bet that peed you off Chas, they look like good seats too... :doh:

Back